If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various household items, such as plastic bottles, glass jars, or fruits. Here are some steps to follow to make your own homemade bong.
What You Need
To make a bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle or a glass jar. This will be the base of your bong. You can use any size or shape, but make sure it is clean and empty.
- A pen or a straw. This will be the downstem of your bong, which is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber. You can use any pen or straw that is hollow and can fit through a hole in the bottle or jar.
- A piece of aluminum foil or a metal socket. This will be the bowl of your bong, which is where you put your herb or tobacco. You can use a small piece of aluminum foil and shape it into a cone, or you can use a metal socket from a wrench set.
- A needle or a knife. This will be used to make holes in the bottle or jar and the foil or socket.
- Some water. This will be used to fill the water chamber of your bong.
- Some herb or tobacco. This will be used to pack the bowl of your bong.
What You Do
To make a bong, you will need to follow these steps:
- Make a hole in the side of the bottle or jar, just above the bottom. This will be where you insert the downstem. Use a needle or a knife to poke a small hole, then widen it until it is slightly smaller than the diameter of your pen or straw.
- Make another hole in the cap of the bottle or the lid of the jar. This will be where you attach the bowl. Use a needle or a knife to poke a small hole, then widen it until it is slightly smaller than the diameter of your foil cone or socket.
- Insert the pen or straw into the side hole of the bottle or jar. Push it in until it reaches about halfway into the water chamber. Make sure it is angled downward so that the end inside is submerged in water when you fill it up later.
- Attach the foil cone or socket to the cap of the bottle or the lid of the jar. Push it in until it fits snugly into the hole. If you are using foil, poke some small holes in it with a needle to allow air flow.
- Fill the bottle or jar with water until it covers about an inch of the downstem. Screw on the cap or lid with the bowl attached.
- Pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, just enough to hold it in place.
- Light up your herb or tobacco and inhale from the mouthpiece of the bottle or jar. Cover the side hole with your finger when you inhale, and release it when you exhale. Enjoy!
Tips and Warnings
Here are some tips and warnings to keep in mind when making and using your homemade bong:
- You can use different materials for your bong, such as fruits, vegetables, cans, pipes, etc. Just make sure they are clean and safe to use.
- You can decorate your bong with stickers, paint, markers, etc. to make it more personalized and fun.
- You can add ice cubes, flavored water, juice, etc. to your water chamber to make your smoke more refreshing and tasty.
- You should change your water after every session to keep your bong clean and hygienic.
- You should replace your foil cone or socket after every few uses to avoid inhaling harmful chemicals from burning metal.
- You should not use plastic bottles or jars that have been exposed to heat, as they may release toxic fumes when heated by your lighter.
- You should not use any illegal substances in your bong, as they may have negative effects on your health and legal consequences.
Now you know how to make a bong at home with household items. Have fun and be responsible!