If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler to inhale. You can make a bong out of various household items, such as plastic bottles, cans, jars, or even fruits and vegetables. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a basic water bottle bong and a more advanced gravity bong using simple materials and tools.
What You Need
To make a homemade bong, your piece needs several parts: a chamber, a downstem, a bowl, and a mouthpiece. The chamber is the main part where the water and smoke percolate before you inhale, and can be made of anything with lots of interior space, like a tube or canister. The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the chamber and allows the smoke to travel through the water. The bowl is where you pack your herb or tobacco and light it up. The mouthpiece is where you put your lips and inhale the smoke.
Depending on what type of bong you want to make, you will need different items for each part. Here are some common items you can use:
- Chamber: plastic water bottle, soda can, glass jar, PVC pipe, etc.
- Downstem: pen tube, straw, metal pipe, bamboo stick, etc.
- Bowl: aluminum foil, bottle cap, socket wrench piece, nut shell, etc.
- Mouthpiece: existing opening of the chamber, hole in the side of the chamber, rubber hose, etc.
You will also need some tools to cut holes and attach parts together, such as scissors, knife, needle, lighter, duct tape, glue gun, etc.
How to Make a Water Bottle Bong
A water bottle bong is one of the easiest and most popular homemade bongs you can make. It only requires a plastic water bottle and some aluminum foil. Here are the steps to make it:
- Fill up a plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. Any kind of plastic bottle will work, but keep in mind that the larger the bottle is, the bigger the bong hits will be. Don’t worry if you don’t have the cap to the bottle—you won’t need it!
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the water bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole you’ll cover with your finger at first and then let go of so you can inhale the smoke in the bottle. Make the hole large enough for air to easily flow through it, but not so big that you won’t be able to cover it with your finger.
- Make a second hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. You’ll put the downstem—the tube with the bowl attached to it—through this hole at an angle so the end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. Make this hole with the same tool you used to make the first one.
- Use a highlighter and foil to fashion a downstem for the bong. To make the downstem, empty the contents of a highlighter so you’re left with just the hollow plastic tube. You may need to use scissors or pliers to pull the highlighter apart. Then, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of the plastic tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make the bowl and poke tiny holes in it so the smoke can get through.
Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole you made. Angle the downstem downward so the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in
the water. When you’re finished inserting
the downstem, the bowl should be angled upward on
the outside of
the bowl and try out your new bong.
To use your plastic bottle bong,
start by covering
the carb—the hole you made at
the bottle—with your finger.
light up your herb or tobacco in
the bowl and inhale through
the mouthpiece—the opening
When you’re ready to clear
release your finger from
the carb and inhale deeply.
How to Make a Gravity Bong
A gravity bong is another type of homemade bong that uses the force of gravity to pull the smoke into the chamber. It requires two plastic bottles of different sizes, one larger and one smaller. Here are the steps to make it:
- Cut off the bottom of the smaller bottle. This will be the chamber of your gravity bong. You can use any size of bottle, but a 16.9 ounce water bottle works well.
- Cut off the top of the larger bottle. This will be the base of your gravity bong. You can use any size of bottle, but a 2-liter soda bottle works well.
- Fill up the larger bottle with water. Leave some space at the top so you can submerge the smaller bottle without overflowing.
- Make a bowl out of aluminum foil and attach it to the cap of the smaller bottle. Follow the same steps as you did for the water bottle bong, but make sure the bowl is large enough to fit over the opening of the smaller bottle.
- Screw the cap with the bowl onto the smaller bottle. Make sure it is tight and secure.
- Submerge the smaller bottle into the larger bottle. Hold it by the cap and slowly push it down into the water until only the cap is above the waterline.
the bowl and light it up.
As you light
the smaller bottle out
This will create a vacuum that will draw
the smoke into
Be careful not to lift
the bottle too high or it will come out
the water and release
the cap and inhale
When you’re ready to take a hit,
the cap and put your mouth over
the smaller bottle.
the bottle back down into
This will force
the smoke out
the chamber and into your lungs.
Inhale as much as you can and enjoy!
Making a homemade bong is a fun and creative way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending a lot of money. You can use various household items to make different types of bongs, such as water bottle bongs, gravity bongs, or even fruit bongs. Just remember to be careful when using sharp tools, hot flames, and plastic materials, as they can be dangerous if not handled properly. Also, make sure to clean your bong regularly to avoid mold and bacteria growth. Happy smoking!
Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational purposes only and does not promote or endorse any illegal activity or substance. Please use your own discretion and follow your local laws and regulations.