If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke through water filtration, which can enhance the flavor and smoothness of your smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Gather your materials
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty water bottle. Remove the cap and the label. You can use any size of bottle, but a standard 16.9 ounce plastic water bottle works well.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your herb or tobacco, but also to help make the hole for the downstem and melt it to the bottle.
- Scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem hole and the carb.
- A bowl. You can use a metal socket, a metal bottle cap, or a foil bowl. A metal socket is the best option, as it is sturdy and easy to attach to the downstem. A metal bottle cap can also work, but you will need to poke holes in it for airflow. A foil bowl is the least preferable option, as it can be toxic if heated or inhaled.
- A downstem. You can use an empty ballpoint pen tube, a straw, or a plastic tube. An empty ballpoint pen tube is the best option, as it is rigid and fits well into the bottle.
- Duct tape and gauze. You will use these to seal the gaps between the downstem and the bottle, and between the bowl and the downstem.
- Water. You will use this to fill the bottle about ¼ of the way.
- Your herb or tobacco of choice. You will use this to pack the bowl and enjoy your smoke.
Step 2: Make the downstem hole
The downstem hole is where you will insert the downstem into the bottle. To make it, follow these steps:
- Use your scissors or sharp tool to poke a small hole in the side of the bottle, slightly above the waterline. The hole should be about the same width as your downstem.
- Use your lighter to heat up the edges of the hole and make it smoother and wider. Be careful not to burn yourself or melt too much of the plastic.
- Insert your downstem into the hole at an angle, so that the end inside the bottle is submerged in the water. The bowl end should be pointing upwards on the outside of the bottle.
- Use duct tape and gauze to seal any gaps between the downstem and the bottle. This will prevent any air leaks and ensure proper suction.
Step 3: Make the carb
The carb is a small hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale, and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle. To make it, follow these steps:
- Use your scissors or sharp tool to poke another small hole in the side of the bottle, near the bottom of it. The hole should be large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you cannot cover it with your finger.
- Use your lighter to heat up the edges of the hole and make it smoother.
Step 4: Attach the bowl
The bowl is where you will place your herb or tobacco and light it up. To attach it, follow these steps:
- If you are using a metal socket or a metal bottle cap as your bowl, simply push it onto the end of your downstem until it fits snugly. If you are using a metal bottle cap, make sure to poke some holes in it for airflow.
- If you are using a foil bowl, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the end of your downstem. Press down on the foil to form a bowl shape, and poke some holes in it for airflow.
- Use duct tape and gauze to seal any gaps between the bowl and the downstem.
Step 5: Enjoy your water bottle bong
Now that you have made your water bottle bong, you are ready to use it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Fill the bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice. Don’t pack it too tightly or too loosely, as this can affect the airflow and the burning.
- Cover the carb with your finger and place your mouth over the opening of the bottle.
- Use your lighter to ignite the herb or tobacco in the bowl, and inhale slowly and deeply. You will see the bottle fill up with smoke.
- When you are ready to clear the smoke, remove your finger from the carb and inhale quickly and forcefully. You will feel the smoke rush into your lungs.
- Exhale and enjoy the effects of your herb or tobacco.
Congratulations, you have successfully made and used a water bottle bong! Remember to clean your bong after each use, and dispose of it properly when you are done with it. Happy smoking!