A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herb or tobacco through water filtration. It can enhance the flavor and smoothness of your smoke, but it can also get dirty and clogged over time. Resin, tar, and bacteria can build up inside the bong, affecting its performance and hygiene. That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and keep it in good condition.
There are many ways to clean a bong, but one of the simplest and most effective methods is using baking soda. Baking soda is a natural and cheap substance that can remove stains, odors, and germs from your bong. It can also neutralize the acidity of vinegar, which is another common cleaner for bongs. In this article, we will show you how to clean a bong with baking soda in four easy steps.
Step 1: Gather the supplies
Before you start cleaning your bong, you will need to gather some supplies. Here is what you will need:
- A dirty bong
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- A sink or basin
- Two large zipper storage bags
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
- A towel
- A pipe cleaner or a brush
Step 2: Disassemble and rinse your bong
The first thing you need to do is to disassemble your bong and rinse it with warm water. Remove the bowl and the downstem from the main piece of the bong and place them in separate zipper bags. Pour out the old water from the bong and rinse it well to remove any loose particles. You can also pre-soak your bong in warm water and a squirt of dish soap for an hour or two if it is very dirty.
Step 3: Clean the bowl and the downstem
The bowl and the downstem are the parts of the bong that get the most resin buildup, so they need special attention. To clean them, you will need to use vinegar and baking soda. Here is how:
- Pour some vinegar into each zipper bag until the bowl and the downstem are submerged.
- Add a few teaspoons of baking soda into each bag. You will see some bubbling as the vinegar reacts with the baking soda.
- Seal the bags and shake them gently for a few minutes. The vinegar and baking soda mixture will loosen and dissolve the resin from the bowl and the downstem.
- Let the bags sit for another 10 minutes or longer if needed.
- Drain the vinegar and baking soda solution from the bags and rinse the bowl and the downstem with warm water.
- Use a pipe cleaner or a brush to scrub any remaining resin from the bowl and the downstem.
Step 4: Clean the main piece of the bong
The main piece of the bong is easier to clean than the bowl and the downstem, but it still needs some care. To clean it, you will need to use warm water and baking soda. Here is how:
- Pour some warm water into the mouthpiece of your bong and rinse it well.
- Pour half a cup of baking soda into the chamber of your bong.
- Fill the bong with warm water until it covers the baking soda.
- Cover the holes of your bong with rubber stoppers or bong plugs.
- Shake your bong vigorously for several minutes. The warm water and baking soda mixture will remove stains, odors, and germs from your bong.
- Pour out the water and baking soda solution from your bong and rinse it well with warm water.
- If there are any stubborn stains left, you can repeat this process or use vinegar instead of water.
Step 5: Dry and reassemble your bong
The final step is to dry and reassemble your bong. Use a towel to wipe off any excess moisture from your bong parts. Let them air dry completely before putting them back together. Reattach the bowl and the downstem to the main piece of your bong. Your bong is now clean and ready to use.
Cleaning your bong with baking soda is a simple and effective way to keep it in good shape. Baking soda can remove resin, stains, odors, and bacteria from your bong without harming it. All you need is some baking soda, vinegar, warm water, and a few other supplies. Follow the steps above and enjoy a fresh and smooth smoke from your bong.