A bong is a popular device for smoking herbs or tobacco, but it can also get dirty and smelly over time. Resin, tar, and bacteria can build up inside the bong, affecting the taste and quality of your smoke. That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and keep it fresh and sparkling.
Fortunately, cleaning a bong is not a difficult task. You don’t need any fancy or expensive products to do it. All you need are some common household items: hot water, salt, and rubbing alcohol. In this blog post, we will show you how to clean a bong with hot water and salt in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Disassemble your bong
The first thing you need to do is to take apart your bong. Remove any removable parts, such as the bowl, the stem, the mouthpiece, and any other accessories. Check for any damage or cracks on your bong and replace any broken pieces before using it again.
Step 2: Rinse your bong with hot water
Next, you need to rinse your bong with hot water to get rid of any loose dirt and debris. Pour out the old water from your bong and fill it up with hot water from the tap or the kettle. Swirl the water around to loosen up any resin or tar stuck on the walls of the bong. You can also use a brush or a pipe cleaner to scrub away any stubborn spots. Then, empty the water from your bong and repeat until it looks clean.
Step 3: Add salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong
Now, you need to add some salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong to disinfect it and remove any remaining residue. Salt acts as an abrasive that helps to scrub away the resin, while rubbing alcohol dissolves and kills any bacteria or mold. You can use any coarse salt, such as sea salt, rock salt, or Epsom salt. You can also use any rubbing alcohol, but the higher the percentage, the better. Ideally, you want to use 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol.
To add salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong, follow these steps:
- Pour about a tablespoon of salt into your bong.
- Pour enough rubbing alcohol to cover the salt and fill about a quarter of your bong.
- Cover the openings of your bong with your hands, fingers, or some rubber stoppers or plugs.
- Shake your bong vigorously for about five minutes, making sure the salt and alcohol reach every part of the bong.
Step 4: Rinse and dry your bong
Finally, you need to rinse and dry your bong thoroughly. Pour out the salt and alcohol mixture from your bong and rinse it well with hot water until there is no smell or taste of alcohol left. You can also use some dish soap to wash your bong if you want to make it extra clean. Then, wipe your bong dry with a towel or let it air dry completely before using it again.
Tips for keeping your bong clean
Cleaning your bong with hot water and salt is an easy and effective way to keep it in good shape. However, there are some things you can do to prevent your bong from getting too dirty in the first place. Here are some tips for keeping your bong clean:
- Change the water in your bong after every use. This will prevent bacteria and mold from growing in your bong water and affecting your health.
- Empty and rinse your bowl and stem after every use. This will prevent resin and tar from clogging up your bong and making it harder to clean.
- Clean your bong at least once a week or more often if you use it frequently. This will ensure that your bong stays fresh and hygienic.
- Store your bong in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. This will prevent heat and light from degrading your herbs or tobacco and damaging your bong.
A clean bong is essential for enjoying a smooth and flavorful smoke. By following these steps, you can easily clean your bong with hot water and salt in no time. You will also save money and time by using simple household items instead of buying expensive or harsh chemicals. Remember to clean your bong regularly and take good care of it, and it will serve you well for a long time.