A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco in a filtered and smooth way. Bongs can be made of glass, plastic, metal, ceramic, or even bamboo, but they can also be made at home with some common household items. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong using a plastic bottle, a highlighter, some aluminum foil, and a needle. This is a simple and cheap way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco without spending money on a store-bought bong.
What You Need
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the bong hits will be.
- A highlighter that you can empty and use as a downstem. A downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber.
- A piece of aluminum foil that you can use as a bowl. A bowl is where you put your herb or tobacco.
- A needle or a pin that you can use to poke holes in the foil and the bottle.
- Some water to fill the bottle and filter the smoke.
What You Do
- Fill up the bottle about a quarter of the way with water. You can leave some water in the bottle to weigh it down and make it stand upright.
- Remove the lid from the bottle and set it aside. You won’t need it.
- Tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of the highlighter. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make a bowl shape. Poke some small holes in the foil with the needle so the smoke can get through.
- Poke another hole in the side of the bottle, just below the neck. This is where you will insert the highlighter as a downstem. Make sure the hole is big enough for the highlighter to fit snugly, but not too big that it falls out.
- Push the open end of the highlighter through the hole in the bottle at an angle so that the bowl end is outside and pointing upward, and the other end is inside and submerged in the water.
- Poke one more hole in the side of the bottle, above the waterline. This is called the carb hole, and it is where you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the bong.
- Pack your bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, just enough to hold it in place.
- Put your mouth over the opening of the bottle and light your bowl. As you inhale, cover the carb hole with your finger. You will see smoke fill up the bottle as you draw air through the downstem.
- When you are ready to take a hit, remove your finger from the carb hole and inhale sharply. The smoke will rush into your lungs as you clear the bong.
- Enjoy your homemade bong and repeat as desired!
Tips and Warnings
- You can use any kind of plastic bottle for this project, but avoid using reusable ones because they are too hard to cut.
- You can also use any kind of hollow tube for a downstem, such as a pen or a straw, as long as it fits through the hole in the bottle.
- You can make your bowl out of other materials besides aluminum foil, such as an apple or a metal socket. Just make sure they are safe to smoke from and don’t contain any toxic substances.
- You can add ice cubes or flavored water to your bong to make it more refreshing and smooth.
- Be careful not to burn yourself when lighting your bowl or inhaling from your bong.
- Be responsible when using your bong and don’t smoke anything illegal or harmful.
This blog post was generated by Bing using information from various sources on how to make a bong. It is not intended to promote or endorse any illegal or harmful activity. Please use your bong at your own risk and discretion.