If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you might be wondering how to do it discreetly without disturbing your neighbors, roommates, or family members. Smoking from a bong can produce some loud noises and strong smells that can be hard to conceal, especially if you live in a small or crowded space. Fortunately, there are some tips and tricks that can help you use your glass bong more quietly and cleanly, so you can enjoy your smoking session without worrying about unwanted attention.
In this blog post, we will show you how to use a glass bong without making too much noise or smell, covering the following topics:
- What is a glass bong and how does it work?
- How to prepare your glass bong for smoking?
- How to smoke from your glass bong without making noise?
- How to reduce the smell of your glass bong smoke?
- How to clean your glass bong after smoking?
What is a glass bong and how does it work?
A glass bong is a water-filtration device that is used for smoking herb or tobacco. It usually consists of a bowl, where you put your ground material, a stem, which connects the bowl to the water chamber, and a mouthpiece, where you inhale the smoke. Some glass bongs also have a hole called a carburetor or carb, which helps to clear the smoke when released.
The physics behind a glass bong are fairly simple: when you light the material in the bowl and inhale through the mouthpiece, you create a vacuum that pulls the smoke through the water chamber, where it bubbles up and cools down. The water also filters out some of the tar, ash, and other harmful substances from the smoke, making it smoother and cleaner for your lungs.
How to prepare your glass bong for smoking?
Before you start smoking from your glass bong, you need to make sure it is ready to go. Here are the steps to follow:
- Pour water into the mouthpiece until the waterline is above the base of the stem but below the bowl. You can also put ice cubes in the water if you want to make the smoke even cooler.
- Grind your herb or tobacco using a grinder or your fingers. Don’t grind it too fine or it might clog the stem or fall into the water.
- Pack the bowl with about half a gram of your ground material. Don’t pack it too tightly or it might restrict the airflow.
How to smoke from your glass bong without making noise?
Smoking from a glass bong can be noisy for two main reasons: the sound of the lighter and the sound of the bubbling water. Here are some ways to minimize these noises:
- Use a hemp wick instead of a lighter. A hemp wick is a natural fiber coated with beeswax that can be lit with a match or a lighter and then used to ignite your material. It produces less noise and also avoids inhaling butane from the lighter.
- Inhale slowly and steadily. If you inhale too fast or too hard, you will create more bubbles and more noise. Try to inhale at a moderate pace that fills the chamber with milky-white smoke without making too much sound.
- Cover the carb or pull out the bowl when clearing the smoke. If your glass bong has a carb, cover it with your finger when inhaling and release it when clearing the smoke. If your glass bong has a pull-out bowl, pull it out when clearing the smoke. This will reduce the noise of the air rushing through the water.
How to reduce the smell of your glass bong smoke?
Smoking from a glass bong can produce a strong smell that can linger in your room or spread to other areas. Here are some ways to reduce the smell of your glass bong smoke:
- Use an air freshener or an odor eliminator spray. You can spray these products in your room before and after smoking to mask or neutralize the smell of your smoke.
- Use a sploof or a smoke buddy. A sploof is a homemade device that you can make by stuffing a toilet paper roll with dryer sheets and exhaling your smoke through it. A smoke buddy is a commercial device that works similarly but has a carbon filter inside. Both of these devices can filter out some of the smell and particles from your smoke.
- Smoke near a window or a fan. You can open a window or turn on a fan in your room to create some ventilation and disperse the smoke. This can help to prevent the smell from accumulating or spreading.
How to clean your glass bong after smoking?
After you finish smoking from your glass bong, you should clean it to prevent the buildup of resin, bacteria, and mold. Here are the steps to follow:
- Empty the water and rinse the glass bong with hot water.
- Fill a zipper-top plastic bag with rubbing alcohol and coarse salt. Put the bowl and the stem in the bag and shake it vigorously to remove the resin.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol and coarse salt into the water chamber of the glass bong. Cover the holes with plugs or your hands and shake it vigorously to remove the resin.
- Rinse the glass bong and its parts with hot water until they are clean and clear.
- Dry the glass bong and its parts with a paper towel or a cloth.
And that’s it! You have learned how to use a glass bong without making too much noise or smell that might bother others or attract attention. We hope you found this blog post helpful and informative. Happy smoking!