If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco with a glass bong, you might want to share the experience with your friends or fellow smokers. However, sharing a glass bong can also mean sharing germs and diseases, especially during a pandemic. How can you enjoy your glass bong with others without compromising your health and safety? Here are some tips and tricks to help you out.
What is a glass bong and why use it?
A glass bong is a type of water pipe that filters and cools the smoke from your herbs or tobacco, resulting in smoother, cleaner, and more potent hits. Glass bongs are usually made with quality borosilicate glass that is heat-resistant, transparent, and easy to shape and color. Glass bongs come in different shapes, sizes, and features, such as ice bongs, percolator bongs, beaker bongs, straight tube bongs, and more. You can find a wide range of glass bongs for sale online at Grasscity.com, Smoke Cartel, or Headshop.com.
What are the risks of sharing a glass bong?
Sharing a glass bong with others can expose you to various germs and diseases that can be transmitted through saliva, such as colds, flu, strep throat, herpes, COVID-19, and more. These germs can linger on the mouthpiece of the glass bong and infect the next person who uses it. Some of these diseases can have serious consequences for your health and well-being, so it’s important to take precautions when sharing a glass bong.
How to share a glass bong safely?
There are several ways to reduce the risk of spreading germs and diseases when sharing a glass bong with others. Here are some of them:
- Clean your glass bong before and after each use. This is the most effective way to remove any bacteria, viruses, or residues from your glass bong. You can use alcohol, vinegar, or specialized cleaning products to sanitize your glass bong. Make sure to rinse it well with hot water and let it dry completely before using it again.
- Use disposable mouthpieces or covers. You can buy disposable mouthpieces or covers that fit over the mouthpiece of your glass bong and prevent direct contact with your lips. These are usually made of plastic or silicone and come in different colors and designs. You can also make your own mouthpieces or covers using paper towels, tissues, or plastic wrap.
- Use personal adapters or attachments. You can also buy personal adapters or attachments that connect to the mouthpiece of your glass bong and allow you to use your own mouthpiece or straw. These are usually made of metal or glass and come in different shapes and sizes. You can also make your own adapters or attachments using rubber hoses, metal pipes, or plastic tubes.
- Avoid sharing with sick people. This might seem obvious, but it’s worth mentioning. If you know someone is sick or has symptoms of a disease, don’t share your glass bong with them. Even if they don’t show any signs of illness, they might be asymptomatic carriers of germs that can infect you or others. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Practice good hygiene. Besides cleaning your glass bong and using protective accessories, you should also practice good hygiene when smoking with others. Wash your hands before and after each session, avoid touching your face or mouth, cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and dispose of any used materials properly.
Sharing a glass bong with others can be a fun and social way to enjoy your herbs or tobacco. However, it can also pose some health risks if you don’t take precautions to prevent the spread of germs and diseases. By following the tips and tricks mentioned above, you can share your glass bong safely and responsibly with others.