If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you probably know how delicate and fragile these devices can be. Glass bongs are great for delivering smooth and satisfying hits, but they also require proper care and maintenance to keep them in good shape. Whether you want to store your bong at home or take it with you on a trip, you need to follow some simple tips to avoid breaking it. Here are some of the best ways to store and transport a glass bong without breaking it.
How to Store a Glass Bong at Home
Storing your glass bong at home might seem like a no-brainer, but there are some things you should keep in mind to ensure its safety and longevity. Here are some dos and don’ts of storing your glass bong at home:
- Don’t store your bong out in the open. Leaving your bong on a table, desk, or countertop might seem convenient, but it also exposes it to dust, bacteria, flies, and other contaminants that can affect its cleanliness and performance. Not to mention, it also increases the risk of knocking it over or breaking it accidentally. Instead, find a safe, secure, and out-of-the-way place to store your bong, such as a cabinet, closet, drawer, or shelf.
- Don’t store your bong with herb or tobacco inside. If you have some leftover herb or tobacco in your bowl after smoking, you might be tempted to leave it there for your next session. However, this can cause your bong to get dirty faster and your herb or tobacco to lose its freshness and potency. Instead, empty the bowl after every use and store any leftover herb or tobacco in a small container. You can also use a grinder to break up your herb or tobacco before smoking for a more even burn and less waste.
- Clean your bong before stashing it away. Cleaning your bong regularly is essential for keeping it in optimal condition and preventing mold, resin, and bacteria buildup. You don’t have to deep-clean your bong every time you use it, but you should at least rinse it with hot water and remove any ash or debris from the bowl and stem. You can also use some rubbing alcohol and salt to scrub away any stubborn stains or residue. Make sure you dry your bong thoroughly before storing it to prevent moisture damage.
- Find a cool, dry storage space for your bong. The ideal storage environment for your glass bong is somewhere cool, dry, dark, and well-ventilated. Avoid storing your bong in places where it might be exposed to extreme temperatures, humidity, sunlight, or air pollutants. These factors can cause your glass to crack, warp, fade, or deteriorate over time. You should also avoid storing your bong near any sources of heat or fire, such as stoves, heaters, candles, or lighters.
How to Transport a Glass Bong Safely
Sometimes you might want to take your glass bong with you on a trip, whether it’s for a vacation, a visit to a friend’s house, or a camping adventure. Transporting your glass bong can be tricky, especially if you’re traveling by car, bus, train, or plane. You need to make sure your bong is well-protected from any bumps, drops, shocks, or vibrations that might occur during transit. Here are some tips on how to transport a glass bong safely:
- Disassemble your bong if possible. If your glass bong has removable parts, such as the bowl, stem, percolator, or mouthpiece, you should take them apart before packing them. This will make it easier to fit them in a smaller space and reduce the chances of them breaking due to pressure or friction. You can also wrap each part individually with bubble wrap or tissue paper for extra protection.
- Use a padded storage bag or case. The best way to transport your glass bong is to use a specially designed storage bag or case that has padding and compartments for different parts of your bong. For instance,the RYOT Pro-Duffle SmellSafe Bong Bag is capable of carrying all your smoking gear safely and discreetly. It has a carbon fiber lining that blocks odors, a removable foam insert that cushions your bong, and multiple pockets and straps for your accessories. Alternatively, you can use any padded bag or case that fits your bong, such as a laptop bag, a camera bag, or a guitar case.
- Cushion your bong with clothes or towels. If you don’t have a padded storage bag or case, you can still transport your glass bong by cushioning it with clothes or towels. You can wrap your bong with a thick layer of bubble wrap or tissue paper, then place it inside a backpack, duffel bag, or gym bag. Then, you can surround it with clothes, towels, blankets, or pillows to create a soft barrier that absorbs any shocks or impacts. Make sure you pack your bong tightly so it doesn’t move around too much inside the bag.
- Be careful if you travel by plane. Traveling by plane with a glass bong can be risky, especially if you’re going to a place where herb or tobacco is illegal or frowned upon. You might face some legal or social consequences if you get caught with a bong at the airport or in your destination. To avoid any trouble, you should make sure your bong is clean and odorless before packing it. You should also check the local laws and customs regarding herb or tobacco use and possession before you travel. If possible, you might want to leave your bong at home and buy a cheap one at your destination instead.
Storing and transporting a glass bong without breaking it is not hard if you follow some simple guidelines. You should always keep your bong clean, dry, and out of the way when you’re not using it. You should also protect your bong with padding and cushioning when you’re taking it with you on a trip. By taking good care of your glass bong, you can enjoy its benefits for a long time.