If you are looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try a gravity bong. A gravity bong is a homemade device that uses water and air pressure to create a powerful and efficient smoking experience. In this blog post, we will explain what a gravity bong is, how it works, how to make one, and what are the pros and cons of using one.
What is a Gravity Bong?
A gravity bong is a type of homemade bong that consists of two parts: a larger container filled with water and a smaller container with a bowl on top that holds the herb or tobacco. The smaller container is submerged in the water and then lifted up while the herb or tobacco is lit, creating a vacuum that draws the smoke into the container. The user then removes the bowl and inhales the smoke from the container, which is usually very concentrated and potent.
A gravity bong can also be called a GB, geeb, bucket bong, grav bong, or gravity pipe. There are two main types of gravity bongs: bucket bongs and waterfall bongs. A bucket bong uses two plastic bottles of different sizes, while a waterfall bong uses only one bottle with a hole at the bottom. Both types use the same principle of water and air pressure to produce smoke.
How Does a Gravity Bong Work?
A gravity bong works by creating a negative air pressure between the two containers that pulls the smoke from the burning herb or tobacco into the smaller container. The water acts as a sealant that prevents the smoke from escaping. The user can control the amount of smoke by adjusting the height of the smaller container in the water. The higher the container is lifted, the more smoke is generated.
To use a gravity bong, follow these steps:
- Cut off the bottom of the smaller bottle and make a hole in the cap.
- Attach a bowl or a socket to the cap and fill it with your herb or tobacco of choice.
- Cut off the top of the larger bottle and fill it with water.
- Place the smaller bottle inside the larger bottle with the cap facing up.
- Light the herb or tobacco and slowly lift the smaller bottle out of the water, but not completely.
- Remove the cap and place your mouth over the opening of the smaller bottle.
- Push the smaller bottle down into the water while inhaling the smoke.
If you are using a waterfall bong, you only need one bottle with a hole at the bottom. Fill it with water and cover the hole with your finger. Attach the bowl to the cap and place it on top of the bottle. Light the herb or tobacco and release your finger from the hole, allowing the water to drain out and create a vacuum that pulls the smoke into the bottle. Remove the cap and inhale as before.
How to Make a Gravity Bong
Making a gravity bong is easy and cheap, as you only need some basic materials that you can find around your house or at a local store. Here are some of the things you will need:
- A plastic bottle (any size will do, but larger bottles will produce more smoke)
- A larger plastic container or bucket (big enough to fit the bottle)
- A bowl or a socket (metal or glass are preferred)
- A knife or scissors
- A lighter or matches
- Your herb or tobacco of choice
Once you have gathered all your materials, follow these steps to make your own gravity bong:
- Cut off the bottom of your bottle using a knife or scissors. Be careful not to cut yourself.
- Make a small hole in the cap of your bottle using a knife or scissors. The hole should be big enough to fit your bowl or socket snugly.
- Insert your bowl or socket into the hole in the cap and secure it with tape if needed.
- Cut off the top of your larger container or bucket using a knife or scissors.
- Fill your larger container or bucket with water up to about three-quarters full.
- Place your bottle inside your larger container or bucket with the cap facing up.
- Your gravity bong is ready to use!
Pros and Cons of Using a Gravity Bong
Using a gravity bong has some advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of before trying it. Here are some of the pros and cons of using a gravity bong:
|It is cheap and easy to make.||It can be messy and smelly.|
|It is efficient and saves your herb or tobacco.||It can be harsh and irritating on your throat and lungs.|
|It delivers a powerful and fast-acting high.</td|