If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke your product through water filtration, which cools and smooths the smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty plastic water bottle. Any size will work, but a standard 16.9 ounce bottle is ideal. Remove the cap and the label.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your herb or tobacco, as well as to make holes in the bottle.
- A pair of scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem and the carb.
- A ballpoint pen. You will disassemble this and use the empty tube as the downstem.
- A small piece of aluminum foil. You will use this to make the bowl that holds your herb or tobacco.
- Duct tape and gauze. You will use these to seal the gaps between the downstem and the bottle, and between the bowl and the downstem.
- Some water. You will fill the bottle with this to create the water filtration system.
Step 2: Make the Downstem and the Bowl
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber, and the bowl is where you place your herb or tobacco. To make them, follow these steps:
- Disassemble the ballpoint pen, taking all the components apart until you are left with only the long empty plastic tube. This becomes the downstem.
- Tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around one end of the plastic tube. Press it down gently to form a bowl shape. Make sure there is enough space inside the bowl to hold your herb or tobacco.
- Poke some small holes in the foil with a needle, a toothpick, or another slender object. These holes will allow the smoke to pass through from the bowl to the downstem. Be careful not to make them too big or too close together, or you might tear the foil or let your herb or tobacco fall through.
Step 3: Make Holes in the Bottle
The bottle will serve as the bong chamber, where the smoke will accumulate before you inhale it. You will need to make two holes in it: one for the downstem and one for the carb. The carb is a hole that you cover with your finger while smoking, and release when you want to clear the chamber. To make these holes, follow these steps:
- Use your scissors or another sharp tool to poke a hole near the bottom of the bottle, on its side. This hole should be slightly smaller than the diameter of your downstem, so that it fits snugly.
- Use your lighter to heat up the edges of the hole, and then insert your downstem through it at an angle. The end of the downstem inside the bottle should be submerged in water, while the bowl outside should be pointing upwards.
- Use duct tape and gauze to seal any gaps between the downstem and the bottle, so that no air can escape from them.
- Poke another hole slightly above the water level, on the opposite side of the bottle from the downstem. This hole should be large enough for you to cover with your finger, but not so large that it lets too much air in.
Step 4: Fill Up The Bottle With Water
The water in the bottle will act as a filter for your smoke, cooling it down and removing some of its harshness. To fill up your bottle with water, follow these steps:
- Pour some water into your bottle through its opening, until it reaches about a quarter of its capacity.
- Adjust the water level so that it covers at least an inch of your downstem inside the bottle, but not so high that it reaches your carb hole.
- If you want, you can add some ice cubes to your water to make it even colder and smoother.
Step 5: Pack The Bowl and Enjoy Your Water Bottle Bong
Now that your water bottle bong is ready, all you need to do is pack the bowl with your herb or tobacco, and enjoy it. To use your water bottle bong, follow these steps:
- Grind your herb or tobacco and load it into the bowl. Don’t pack it too tightly or too loosely, or it might burn unevenly or clog the holes.
- Place your mouth over the opening of the bottle, and cover the carb hole with your finger.
- Use your lighter to ignite your herb or tobacco, and inhale gently through the bottle. You should see the smoke bubbling through the water and filling up the chamber.
- When you are ready to inhale the smoke, remove your finger from the carb hole and inhale sharply through the bottle. You should clear the chamber in one breath, or as few as possible.
- Exhale the smoke and repeat as desired.
Congratulations, you have just made and used a water bottle bong! Enjoy your smoking experience, and remember to dispose of your bong responsibly when you are done with it.