A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herb or tobacco through water, which cools and filters the smoke. Smoking a bong can be a fun and satisfying way to enjoy your favorite herb, but it can also be intimidating if you don’t know how to use one. In this blog post, we will show you how to smoke a bong step by step, and give you some tips and tricks to make the most of your experience.
What You Need to Smoke a Bong
To smoke a bong, you will need the following items:
- A bong. You can buy one online or at a headshop, or you can make your own out of a water bottle or other plastic container. Bongs come in different shapes, sizes, and materials, but they all have the same basic parts: a mouthpiece, a neck or water chamber, a downstem, and a bowl.
- Herb or tobacco. You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like, but make sure it is dry and well-ground. You can use your fingers, scissors, or a grinder to break up your herb or tobacco into small pieces.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You will need something to light your herb or tobacco with. A lighter is the most common option, but you can also use a hemp wick, which is a natural and eco-friendly alternative that produces less ash and butane.
- Water. You will need some clean and cool water to fill up your bong. You can use tap water, bottled water, or filtered water. Some people like to add ice cubes, lemon juice, or other flavorings to their water for extra cooling and taste.
How to Use a Bong: Step by Step Instructions
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get started with smoking your bong. Follow these steps carefully and enjoy your session.
- Fill your bong with water. Pour some water through the mouthpiece into the water chamber. The water should cover the tip of the downstem by about an inch (2.54 cm). If the water is too high, it might splash into your mouth or wet your herb or tobacco. If the water is too low, it might not filter the smoke properly. You can adjust the water level by adding or pouring out some water as needed.
- Load the bowl with herb or tobacco. Take some of your herb or tobacco and pack it into the bowl. The bowl is the funnel-shaped piece that fits into the downstem. Use some larger pieces of herb or tobacco to cover the hole at the bottom of the bowl, and then fill it up with smaller pieces. Don’t pack it too tightly or loosely, as this might affect the airflow and burning of your herb or tobacco. A good rule of thumb is to fill the bowl up to the rim, but not higher.
- Place your lips inside the mouthpiece. Hold the bong with your non-dominant hand and wrap your lips around the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is the hole at the top of the bong where you inhale the smoke from