A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco in a smooth and filtered way. It uses water to cool down and purify the smoke, making it less harsh and more enjoyable. Smoking out of a bong can be a great way to experience the full flavor and effects of your favorite herb or tobacco, but it can also be intimidating if you don’t know how to do it properly. In this blog post, we will show you how to prepare, smoke, and clean a bong in a few simple steps.
What You Need
To smoke out of a bong, you will need the following items:
- A bong. There are many types and sizes of bongs, but they all have the same basic parts: a bowl, where you put your herb or tobacco; a downstem, which connects the bowl to the water chamber; a water chamber, where the smoke passes through the water; and a mouthpiece, where you inhale the smoke. Some bongs also have additional features, such as an ice catch, which cools down the smoke even more; a percolator, which diffuses the smoke and creates more bubbles; or a carb hole, which allows you to control the airflow.
- Your favorite herb or tobacco. You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like, but make sure it is dry and well-ground. You can use your fingers, scissors, or a grinder to break up your herb or tobacco into small pieces. This will help it burn evenly and produce more smoke.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You will need something to light your herb or tobacco with. You can use a regular lighter, but some people prefer to use a hemp wick, which is a natural and organic alternative that produces less butane and ash.
- Water. You will need some water to fill up your bong. You can use tap water or bottled water, but make sure it is clean and fresh. The amount of water you need depends on the size of your bong, but generally you want to fill it up until the bottom of the downstem is fully submerged.
How to Smoke
Once you have everything ready, you can start smoking out of your bong. Follow these steps:
- Fill up your bong with water. Pour the water through the mouthpiece until it reaches the desired level. You don’t want too much water or too little water in your bong. Too much water will make it harder to pull the smoke and may splash into your mouth. Too little water will not filter the smoke enough and may make it harsher.
- Pack your bowl with herb or tobacco. Take some of your ground herb or tobacco and place it in the bowl. Don’t pack it too tightly or too loosely. Too tight will restrict the airflow and make it harder to burn. Too loose will make it burn too fast and waste your herb or tobacco. You want to pack it just enough so that it stays in place and allows some air to pass through.
- Hold your bong with your non-dominant hand. Wrap your hand around the smoke chamber or hold the bong from the bottom. Make sure you have a firm grip on your bong and that it is stable and balanced.
- Put your mouth on the mouthpiece. Seal your lips around the mouthpiece and create an airtight seal. Don’t put your mouth inside the mouthpiece or over it. Just rest your lips on the edge of it.
- Light your bowl with your dominant hand