Bongs are one of the most popular and enjoyable ways to smoke herbs or tobacco. They use water to cool and filter the smoke, making it smoother and less harsh on your lungs. But how much water should you put in a bong? And how do you fill it properly?
In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more. We will show you how to find the perfect water level for your bong, depending on its size, shape and features. We will also give you some tips and tricks to make your bong smoking experience even better. Let’s get started!
How Much Water to Put in a Bong: The Basic Rule
The basic rule for how much water to put in a bong is simple: just enough to cover the bottom of the downstem or the percolator. The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the base of the bong, where the water is stored. The percolator is a device that creates bubbles and adds extra filtration to the smoke.
If your downstem does not have any slits or holes at the end, then you should submerge it about half an inch into the water. If your downstem has slits or holes, then you should make sure they are all covered by water. This way, you ensure that all the smoke passes through the water and gets filtered.
If your bong has a percolator, then you should follow the same principle. Submerge the percolator completely in water, so that all the openings are covered. This will allow the percolator to create bubbles and diffuse the smoke even more.
How Much Water to Put in a Bong: Factors to Consider
While the basic rule is easy to follow, there are some factors that can affect how much water you need to put in your bong. These include:
- Bong Size: Larger bongs will require more water than smaller ones. However, you should still follow the basic rule of covering the downstem or percolator with water. You don’t want to overfill your bong with water, as this can make it harder to pull the smoke through and increase the risk of getting water in your mouth.
- Bong Shape: Different bong shapes can have different water levels. For example, beaker bongs have a wide base that can hold more water than straight tube bongs. However, you should still avoid filling your bong too much or too little with water. You want to find a balance between having enough water for filtration and having enough air space for smoke.
- Bong Features: Some bongs have extra features that can affect how much water you need to put in them. For example, some bongs have ice catchers or ice pinches that allow you to add ice cubes to your bong. This can cool down the smoke even more, but it can also increase the water level as the ice melts. Therefore, you should add less water than usual if you plan to use ice in your bong, or pour out some water as you smoke.
How to Fill a Bong with Water: The Easy Method
Now that you know how much water to put in your bong, let’s see how to fill it properly. The easiest method is to pour water through the mouthpiece of the bong into the base. You can use a pitcher, a bottle or a faucet to do this. Just make sure the water is clean and fresh.
As you pour water into your bong, watch the level carefully. Stop when you reach the desired level, which is when the downstem or percolator is submerged in water. You can also test your bong by inhaling gently through the mouthpiece. You should hear a bubbling sound and feel some resistance from the water.
If your bong has multiple chambers or percolators, then you may need to fill each chamber separately. You can do this by pouring water through the mouthpiece or through each chamber’s opening. Again, watch the water level and stop when all the percolators are covered by water.
How Much Water to Put in a Bong: Tips and Tricks
To make your bong smoking experience even better, here are some tips and tricks you can try:
- Change Your Water Regularly: You should change your bong water after every session or at least once a day. This will prevent the water from getting dirty, stale and smelly. Dirty water can affect the taste and quality of your smoke, as well as your health. To clean your bong, you can use warm water, soap, alcohol or vinegar. Rinse it well and let it dry before using it again.
- Use Different Liquids: You don’t have to use plain water in your bong. You can experiment with different liquids to add some flavor and variety to your smoke. For example, you can use fruit juice, tea, soda, wine or even milk in your bong. However, you should be careful with some liquids, as they can be sticky, acidic or spoil easily. You should also clean your bong thoroughly after using anything other than water.
- Add Some Extras: You can also add some extras to your bong water to enhance your smoking experience. For example, you can add some lemon slices, mint leaves, lavender flowers or other herbs to your water. These can add some aroma and freshness to your smoke, as well as some health benefits. You can also add some food coloring to your water to make it look more fun and colorful.
How Much Water to Put in a Bong: Conclusion
Bongs are great devices for smoking herbs or tobacco. They use water to cool and filter the smoke, making it smoother and less harsh on your lungs. However, you need to know how much water to put in your bong to get the best results.
The basic rule is to put enough water to cover the bottom of the downstem or the percolator. This will ensure that all the smoke passes through the water and gets filtered. However, you should also consider the size, shape and features of your bong, as they can affect how much water you need.
You should also fill your bong properly by pouring water through the mouthpiece or each chamber’s opening. You should watch the water level and stop when you reach the desired level. You should also change your water regularly and try different liquids and extras to make your bong smoking experience even better.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how much water to put in a bong. Now you can enjoy your bong with confidence and pleasure!