If you are looking for a smooth and cool smoking experience, you might want to consider getting a percolator bong. A percolator bong is a glass bong that has extra filters built in (or added externally) that create more bubbles and help cool and filter the smoke more. Percolator bongs are perhaps the ultimate type of glass bong because they have the most features and varieties. But how do you choose the right type and size of a percolator for your glass bong? Here are some tips to help you out.
What are the different types of percolators?
There are many different types of percolators, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the most common ones are:
- Tree percolator: This is a classic type of percolator that has several arms or branches with small holes or slits at the end. The smoke passes through these holes and creates multiple bubbles. Tree percolators are easy to clean and provide good diffusion, but they can also be fragile and prone to clogging.
- Honeycomb percolator: This is a disc-shaped percolator that has many small holes on its surface. The smoke passes through these holes and creates a honeycomb-like pattern of bubbles. Honeycomb percolators are very efficient and provide great diffusion, but they can also be hard to clean and restrict the airflow.
- Matrix percolator: This is a cylindrical or spherical percolator that has many vertical and horizontal slits on its surface. The smoke passes through these slits and creates a matrix-like pattern of bubbles. Matrix percolators are very effective and provide excellent diffusion, but they can also be difficult to clean and reduce the flavor.
- Glycerin coil percolator: This is a special type of percolator that has a coil filled with glycerin, a non-toxic liquid that can be frozen. The smoke passes through the coil and gets cooled by the glycerin. Glycerin coil percolators are very unique and provide amazing cooling, but they can also be expensive and bulky.
There are many other types of percolators, such as showerhead, inline, turbine, recycler, etc. You can find more information about them on this website.
How to choose the right type of percolator?
The right type of percolator for you depends on your personal preference and smoking style. Some factors to consider are:
- Smoothness: If you want the smoothest hits possible, you should look for a percolator that creates more bubbles and has more surface area for the smoke to be cooled and filtered. For example, honeycomb, matrix, or recycler percolators are good choices for smoothness.
- Flavor: If you want to preserve the flavor of your herb or tobacco, you should look for a percolator that does not over-filter or over-cool the smoke. For example, tree, showerhead, or inline percolators are good choices for flavor.
- Cleaning: If you want to avoid hassle and keep your bong clean, you should look for a percolator that is easy to clean and does not clog easily. For example, tree, showerhead, or glycerin coil percolators are good choices for cleaning.
- Budget: If you want to save money and get a good value, you should look for a percolator that is affordable and durable. For example, tree, honeycomb, or inline percolators are good choices for budget.
How to choose the right size of percolator?
The right size of percolator for you depends on the size of your glass bong and your lung capacity. Some factors to consider are:
- Bong size: If you have a small or medium-sized bong, you should look for a small or medium-sized percolator that fits well inside the water chamber of your bong. If you have a large or extra-large bong, you should look for a large or extra-large percolator that can handle the amount of smoke produced by your bong.
- Lung capacity: If you have a low or average lung capacity, you should look for a small or medium-sized percolator that does not require too much effort to inhale. If you have a high or above-average lung capacity, you should look for a large or extra-large percolator that can deliver more smoke and more hits.
Where to buy percolator bongs?
If you are ready to buy a percolator bong, you can find many online stores that sell them. Some of the best ones are:
- Grasscity: This is one of the most popular and trusted online stores for bongs and other smoking accessories. They have a wide range of percolator bongs from different brands and prices.
- DippyGlass: This is another great online store for bongs and other smoking accessories. They have a premium selection of percolator bongs from different types and colors.
- Molino Glass: This is an online store that specializes in glass bongs and other glass products. They have amazing bongs with percolators made by their own glassblowers.
Percolator bongs are awesome devices that can enhance your smoking experience. They can make your hits smoother, cooler, and more flavorful. However, they can also be confusing and overwhelming to choose from. That’s why we hope this guide helped you understand what are percolators, how they work, and how to choose the right type and size of a percolator for your glass bong. Happy smoking!