A bong is a popular device for smoking herb or tobacco, using water to cool and filter the smoke. However, over time, the bong can get dirty and clogged with resin, ash and bacteria, affecting the taste and quality of your smoke. Therefore, it is important to clean your bong regularly to keep it in good condition and enjoy a smooth and flavorful smoke.
In this blog post, we will show you a proven method to clean your bong using simple household items. This method works for any type of bong, whether it is glass, plastic, ceramic or metal. You will need the following supplies:
- A sink or basin
- Coarse salt, rice or baking soda
- Rubbing alcohol, vinegar or another cleaner
- Clean water
- Latex gloves
- A small brush or a pipe cleaner
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
- A towel
Follow these steps to clean your bong:
- Empty the bong and rinse and fill it with warm water. While wearing your latex gloves, empty out your bong as well as you can. Pour out old bong water and remove any spent herb. Then give it a good rinse with warm water to remove any remaining solid particles. Finally, fill the bong part way with some of the warm water you’re using.
- Disassemble your bong. Take it apart so that the individual pieces can be cleaned. Remove all movable parts, including the pipe and mouthpiece. As you take your bong apart, check for any damage such as chips or cracks. You’ll need to replace any damaged pieces before using your bong again.
- Add coarse salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong. Next, you’ll need to add an abrasive and a cleaner into the base of the bong so that they can work together to clean the inside. Coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol typically work best for this, but you can also use vinegar and rice or baking soda. The stronger the rubbing alcohol, the better. Ideally, you would use one over 90%. Alternatively, you can use something like Formula 420, in which case skip the salt. Pour it in and proceed as normal.
- Plug the holes and shake it up. Use your hands, fingers, and thumbs to plug or block the open holes of the bong so that your abrasive and cleaner don’t cause a big mess. Shake it for about five minutes to get the best possible result.
- Rinse and repeat. Empty the cleaning solution into a sink and rinse it out completely with clean water. Repeat the cleaning process as many times as you need to, but once is usually enough.
- Clean the pipe and mouthpiece. Put the pipe and mouthpiece in a zipper storage bag with some salt and alcohol. Seal the bag and shake it well for a few minutes. Then take them out and scrub them with a small brush or a pipe cleaner to remove any residue. Rinse them with water and dry them with a towel.
- Reassemble your bong. Put all the pieces back together and make sure they fit snugly. Wipe down the exterior of your bong with a damp cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
- Enjoy your clean bong. Fill your bong with fresh water and pack some herb or tobacco in the bowl. Light up and enjoy a smooth and flavorful smoke from your clean bong.
Cleaning your bong regularly will not only improve your smoking experience but also prevent harmful bacteria and fungi from growing in your bong water. Ideally, you should change the water after every smoke session and deep clean your bong at least once a week. By following this proven method, you can keep your bong in tip-top shape and enjoy it for a long time.
- How To Clean A Bong – Proven Method – Guides For Cleaning
- 3 Ways to Clean a Bong – wikiHow
- How to clean a bong | Weedmaps
- How to Clean a Bong: Best Ways to Clean and Disinfect Your Water Pipe …
- How to Properly Clean Any Type of Bong – Insider
- How to clean a bong: a step-by-step guide – The Cannigma