If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you may have encountered the problem of unpleasant odors lingering in your device or in the air. The smell of a bong can be caused by several factors, such as the residue of the smoked material, the stagnant water in the chamber, the bacteria and microorganisms that grow inside, and the accidental spills that can happen. In this blog post, we will show you some effective ways to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it, so you can enjoy your smoking experience without worrying about the stench.
Why should you clean your bong regularly?
Cleaning your bong regularly is not only important for eliminating the smell, but also for maintaining the taste, quality and health of your smoking sessions. Here are some reasons why you should clean your bong regularly:
- Taste: A dirty bong can ruin the flavor of your herb or tobacco, as the residue and water can give off a foul taste that can overpower the natural aromas of your material. You don’t want to smoke something that tastes like swamp water and ashes, do you?
- Smell: A dirty bong can also emit a strong and unpleasant odor that can linger in your room, your furniture, your clothes and even your breath. The smell can come from the buildup of resin on the walls of your bong, the stagnant water in the bottom, or the bacteria and microorganisms that grow inside. The smell can be offensive to you and others around you, and it can also attract unwanted attention from neighbors or authorities.
- Bacteria: A dirty bong can harbor harmful bacteria and microorganisms that can pose a risk to your health. After only 22 hours, bacteria of all sorts begin growing inside a dirty bong, and it only gets worse over time. In extreme situations, you could develop infections or even necrotizing pneumonia, which means that some of your lung tissue dies. You don’t want to risk severe medical problems for a dirty bong, do you?
- Difficulty: A dirty bong can also be harder to clean over time, as the resin and grime become more stubborn and sticky. You may have to scrub harder or use harsher chemicals to remove the dirt, which can damage your bong or leave toxic residues. If you clean your bong regularly, you can avoid this hassle and keep your bong in good shape.
How to clean your bong after using it?
The best way to prevent the smell of a bong is to clean it after every use. This way, you can remove the residue and water before they have a chance to accumulate and stink. Here are some steps to clean your bong after using it:
- Empty and rinse: The first step is to empty the water from your bong and rinse it with hot water. This will help loosen up some of the resin and flush out some of the dirt. You should also rinse the bowl and the downstem separately.
- Soak and shake: The next step is to soak your bong in a cleaning solution that can dissolve the resin and kill the bacteria. You can use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or vinegar as a natural cleaner. You can also add some coarse salt (kosher salt or sea salt) as an abrasive agent that can scrub away the grime. Pour enough solution into your bong to fill it up, then plug up both openings with your hands or some rubber stoppers. Shake your bong vigorously for a few minutes, then let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Scrub and rinse: The final step is to scrub any remaining dirt with a pipe cleaner or a brush that can reach inside your bong. You can also use cotton swabs or paper towels to wipe off any residue on the outside or on the bowl and downstem. Then rinse your bong thoroughly with hot water until no traces of alcohol or vinegar are left.
How to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after spilling it?
Sometimes accidents happen and you may spill your bong water on your carpet or upholstery. This can create a nasty smell that is hard to remove with regular cleaning products. Here are some steps to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after spilling it:
- Blot and dry: The first step is to blot the spill with paper towels or a cloth to absorb as much of the liquid as possible. Do not rub or scrub, as this can spread the stain and push it deeper into the fabric. Then use a hair dryer or a fan to dry the spot completely.
- Sprinkle and vacuum: The next step is to sprinkle some baking soda on the spot and let it sit for 30 minutes. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can neutralize the odor molecules and absorb any moisture. Then vacuum up the baking soda with a hose attachment.
- Spray and wipe: The final step is to spray some cannabolish on the spot and wipe it with a damp cloth. Cannabolish is a plant-based odor eliminator that can remove the smell of herb or tobacco without masking it with artificial fragrances. It is safe to use on carpets, upholstery, fabrics and other surfaces.
In conclusion, getting rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it is not a difficult task if you follow some simple steps. You should clean your bong regularly with rubbing alcohol or vinegar and salt, and rinse it well with hot water. You should also empty and dry your bong after every use, and store it in a cool and dark place. If you spill your bong water, you should blot, dry, sprinkle, vacuum and spray the spot with baking soda and cannabolish. By doing these things, you can enjoy your smoking experience without worrying about the stench.