If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters smoke through water, creating a smoother and cooler hit. You can make a bong out of various household items, such as plastic bottles, pumpkins, or even apples. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong with some simple steps and tips.
What You Need
To make a bong at home, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. You can use a water bottle, a soda bottle, or a juice bottle. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A highlighter or a pen. You will use this as the downstem, which is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber.
- Aluminum foil. You will use this to make the bowl, which is where you put your herb or tobacco.
- A needle, a pin, a toothpick, or any other sharp object. You will use this to poke holes in the foil and the bottle.
- A knife or scissors. You will use this to cut the bottle and the highlighter.
- Duct tape or rubber bands. You will use this to seal any gaps or leaks.
How to Make a Bong
Follow these steps to make your own bong:
- Fill up the bottle with water until it is about one-fourth full. This will be the water chamber, which will filter and cool the smoke.
- Cut off the bottom part of the highlighter or pen. You can use pliers or scissors to do this. You should be left with a hollow tube with one open end and one closed end.
- Cut off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the closed end of the tube. Press it down to form a bowl shape. Poke some small holes in the foil with your needle or pin. This will be your bowl, where you put your herb or tobacco.
- Poke another hole in the side of the bottle, just above the water level. This will be where you insert the downstem. Make sure the hole is big enough for the tube to fit snugly.
- Push the open end of the tube through the hole in the bottle. Angle it downwards so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upwards on the outside of the bottle.
- Seal any gaps or leaks around the hole with duct tape or rubber bands. You want to make sure that no air escapes from the bong.
- Poke one more hole in the top part of the bottle, near the mouthpiece. This will be your carb hole, which you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the bong.
- Your bong is ready to use! Pack some herb or tobacco in the bowl, light it up, cover the carb hole with your finger, and inhale from the mouthpiece. When you are ready to clear the bong, release your finger from the carb hole and inhale again.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience better:
- Change the water regularly to keep it fresh and clean.
- Clean your bong after every use by rinsing it with hot water and soap.
- If you want to make your bong more festive, you can use a pumpkin instead of a bottle. Just cut off the top part of the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and pulp, and follow the same steps as above.
- If you want to make your bong more natural, you can use an apple instead of a bottle. Just core out an apple, poke a hole from the top to the bottom for the downstem, poke another hole from the side for the carb hole, and attach a foil bowl on top.
- If you want to make your bong more creative, you can decorate it with stickers, paint, glitter, or anything else you like.
Making a bong at home is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending much money. All you need are some common household items and some creativity. Just remember to be careful when using sharp objects and fire, and to dispose of your bong properly when you are done with it. Happy smoking!