If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or even pumpkins. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong using some simple steps and supplies.
What You Need
To make a homemade bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A pen with the ink removed or a metal tube to use as a downstem.
- A piece of aluminum foil or a metal bowl to use as a bowl.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip, to make holes in the bottle.
- Water to fill the bottle.
- Herb or tobacco to pack the bowl.
- A lighter to ignite the herb or tobacco.
What You Do
To make a homemade bong, follow these steps:
- Fill up the plastic bottle about a quarter of the way with water. This is the water that will filter the smoke when you use the bong.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger at first and then let go of when you inhale the smoke. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
- Make another hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. This is where you will insert the pen or metal tube that will hold the bowl. Make sure the hole is about the same width as the pen or tube. If it’s too small, you may have trouble pushing it through. If it’s too large, the downstem may be too loose and let air escape.
- Make a bowl out of aluminum foil or use a metal bowl if you have one. If you’re using foil, wrap it around the wide end of the pen or tube and press it down to form a bowl shape. Poke some small holes in the foil so that smoke can pass through it. If you’re using a metal bowl, simply attach it to the end of the pen or tube.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the hole you made for it in the bottle. Angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl and light it with a lighter. Cover the carb with your finger and inhale from the mouthpiece of the bottle. When you’re ready to take a hit, release your finger from the carb and inhale all the smoke from the bottle.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience better:
- You can use different kinds of bottles to make different kinds of bongs. For example, you can use a two-liter bottle to make a gravity bong, which uses water pressure to push smoke into your lungs. You can also use fruits or vegetables, such as apples, carrots, or pumpkins, to make organic bongs that add some flavor to your smoke.
- You can decorate your homemade bong with stickers, paint, or markers to make it more personalized and fun.
- You can add ice cubes, flavored water, or juice to your homemade bong to make your smoke colder and tastier.
- You should clean your homemade bong regularly to prevent mold, bacteria, and resin buildup. You can use hot water, rubbing alcohol, salt, or vinegar to clean your bong.
Making a homemade bong is easy and fun. You can use materials that you have around your house or find at a local store. You can also customize your homemade bong to suit your preferences and style. Just remember to be careful when making and using your homemade bong and enjoy smoking responsibly.
- How to Make a Bong: 12 Steps (with Pictures) – wikiHow
- How to Make Homemade Bongs and Pipes | Leafly
- Follow These Simple Steps To Make A Homemade Bong | Redstorm
- 8 DIY Tips for How to Make a Homemade Pipe or Bong – Fat Buddha Glass
- How To Make A Homemade Bong That Is Perfect In Every Way – Fat Buddha Glass