A bong is a device that filters smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler to inhale. Bongs can be made from various materials, such as glass, plastic, ceramic, or metal. However, some people may not have access to these materials or prefer to make their own bong from household items. One common way to make a homemade bong is to use a plastic bottle and some aluminum foil. However, foil can be harmful to your health if you inhale the fumes from burning it, and it can also affect the taste of your herb or tobacco. Therefore, you may want to avoid using foil and look for other alternatives. In this article, we will show you how to make a bong without foil using some simple and cheap items.
What You Will Need
To make a bong without foil, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A sharp tool, such as a pen, a knife, or a paperclip.
- A downstem and a bowl. A downstem is a tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber of the bong. A bowl is where you put your herb or tobacco. You can use a highlighter and some foil to make your own downstem and bowl, or you can use a socket for a socket wrench, a thimble, or another circular piece of metal that can hold your herb or tobacco.
How to Make a Bong Without Foil
Follow these steps to make your own bong without foil:
- Fill up the plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. This is the water chamber of the bong, where the smoke will filter through.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle with your sharp tool. This is the carb hole, which you will cover with your finger when you smoke and release when you want to clear the bong.
- Make another hole slightly above the waterline with your sharp tool. This is where you will insert the downstem.
- If you don’t have a downstem and a bowl, you can make your own with a highlighter and some foil. To do this, empty the contents of the highlighter so you are left with just the hollow plastic tube. Then, tear off a small piece of foil and wrap it around the wide end of the tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make the bowl and poke tiny holes in it so the smoke can get through. Alternatively, you can use a socket for a socket wrench, a thimble, or another circular piece of metal that can hold your herb or tobacco.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the hole you made above the waterline. Angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack your herb or tobacco in the bowl and light it up. Cover the carb hole with your finger and inhale through the mouthpiece of the bottle. When you are ready to clear the bong, release your finger from the carb hole and inhale all the smoke.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience better:
- Change the water regularly to keep it fresh and clean.
- Clean your bong after each use to prevent resin buildup and bacteria growth.
- If you want to make your hits smoother and cooler, you can add some ice cubes to the water chamber or put the bottle in the freezer for a few minutes before smoking.
- If you want to add some flavor to your smoke, you can infuse the water with some fruits, herbs, or tea.
- If you want to make a gravity bong without foil, you can use another plastic bottle with a larger opening than your first one. Cut off the bottom of this bottle and fill it with water. Then, insert your first bottle with the downstem and bowl into this one so that only the mouthpiece is sticking out. Light up your herb or tobacco and slowly lift up the first bottle until it is almost out of the water. This will create a vacuum that will fill up the bottle with smoke. Then, remove the bowl from the downstem and inhale through it while pushing down on the first bottle.
Making a bong without foil is easy and cheap, and it can save you from inhaling harmful chemicals and ruining the taste of your herb or tobacco. All you need is a plastic bottle, a sharp tool, a downstem and a bowl, and some water. You can also customize your bong with different materials, sizes, and flavors to suit your preferences. However, remember that smoking anything can be harmful to your health, so do it responsibly and in moderation.