A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco by filtering the smoke through water. Bongs can enhance the flavor and smoothness of your smoke, but they also require regular cleaning to prevent resin buildup, mold growth and bad odors. Cleaning a bong can be easy and cheap if you use alcohol and salt as your main ingredients. Here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the bowl, stem and any other detachable parts from your bong.
- Rinse every piece with hot water to get rid of any loose debris.
- Place the smaller pieces in a resealable plastic bag and fill it with enough alcohol to cover them. You can use 70% to 99% isopropyl alcohol, which is available at most pharmacies and department stores. The higher the concentration, the better.
- Add some coarse salt to the bag, such as table salt, Epsom salt, rock salt or Himalayan salt. The salt will act as an abrasive and help scrub away the resin.
- Seal the bag and shake it vigorously for a few minutes. You should see the alcohol turning brown as it dissolves the resin.
- Pour some alcohol and salt into the bong and swirl it around to coat the inside. You can also use a bottle brush or a pipe cleaner to reach the hard-to-clean areas.
- Let the bong and the bag sit for at least 15 minutes, or longer if they are very dirty.
- Rinse the bong and the pieces with hot water and soap until they are clean and clear. You can also use a cotton swab or a paper towel to wipe off any remaining residue.
- Let the bong and the pieces dry completely before reassembling and using them.
Congratulations, you have successfully cleaned your bong with alcohol! You can enjoy a fresh and flavorful smoke without any nasty surprises. You should clean your bong at least once a week, or more often if you use it frequently. You should also change the water in your bong after every session to prevent mold and bacteria from growing in it.