If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco from a glass bong, you probably know how unpleasant the smell can be after a few sessions. The bong water, the resin, the ashes, and the bacteria can all contribute to a foul odor that can linger in your room and even affect the taste of your smoke. Fortunately, there are some simple ways to get rid of the smell of a glass bong and keep it fresh and clean.
Clean Your Bong Regularly
The best way to prevent your bong from smelling bad is to clean it regularly. Ideally, you should rinse your bong with hot water after every use and empty the bong water as soon as possible. This will prevent the buildup of resin and bacteria that can cause the smell. You should also deep-clean your bong at least once a week with a natural or commercial solution that can dissolve the resin and disinfect the glass.
Some of the most common cleaning solutions for glass bongs are:
- Isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt: This is a cheap and effective method that can remove even the most stubborn resin. Simply fill your bong with enough alcohol to cover all the dirty parts and add some salt. Shake the bong vigorously for a few minutes and then rinse it with hot water. Repeat if necessary.
- Vinegar and baking soda: This is another natural and affordable option that can also deodorize your bong. Fill your bong with vinegar and add some baking soda. Wait for the fizzing reaction to subside and then shake the bong gently. Let it sit for an hour or more and then rinse it with hot water.
- Commercial cleaning products: There are many products designed specifically for cleaning glass bongs, such as Formula 420, Orange Chronic, or Grunge Off. These products usually contain alcohol or other solvents that can dissolve the resin and kill the bacteria. Follow the instructions on the label and rinse your bong thoroughly after using them.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to clean all the parts of your bong, including the bowl, the stem, and the mouthpiece. You can use cotton swabs, pipe cleaners, or brushes to reach the hard-to-clean areas. You can also soak these parts in a ziplock bag with some cleaning solution for easier cleaning.
Air Out Your Room
Another way to get rid of the smell of a glass bong is to air out your room after smoking. Open the windows and let some fresh air circulate in your room. You can also use a fan or an air purifier to speed up the process. This will help to dissipate the smoke smell and prevent it from sticking to your furniture, carpet, or clothes.
Use Odor Eliminating Products
If airing out your room is not enough, you can also use some products that can neutralize or mask the smell of a glass bong. Some of these products are:
- Odor eliminating sprays: These are sprays that contain chemicals or enzymes that can break down the odor molecules in the air. You can spray them in your room before or after smoking to reduce the smell. Some examples are Febreze, Ozium, or Lysol.
- Incense: These are sticks or cones that produce fragrant smoke when burned. You can light them in your room while smoking to mask the smell with a pleasant aroma. Some popular scents are sandalwood, lavender, or jasmine.
- Candles: These are another source of fragrance that can also create a relaxing atmosphere in your room. You can choose candles that have strong scents that can overpower the smell of a glass bong, such as citrus, vanilla, or cinnamon.
- Baking soda: This is a natural deodorizer that can absorb odors from surfaces. You can sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet, furniture, or mattress and leave it for a few hours before vacuuming it up. This will help to remove any lingering smells from your room.
The smell of a glass bong can be unpleasant and hard to get rid of, but with some regular cleaning and some odor eliminating products, you can keep your bong and your room smelling fresh and clean. Remember to always rinse your bong after every use, deep-clean it once a week, air out your room after smoking, and use some sprays, incense, candles, or baking soda to neutralize or mask the smell. By following these tips, you can enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco from your glass bong without worrying about the smell.