If you love smoking herb or tobacco, but you don’t have a bong at hand, don’t worry. You can make your own bong at home using some cheap and easy-to-find materials. A homemade bong is not only fun to make, but also fun to use. Plus, you can customize it to your liking and show off your creativity.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong using a plastic bottle and some other items you probably have lying around. This is one of the simplest and most popular ways to make a bong, but you can also experiment with other materials and methods. For example, you can use fruits, vegetables, glass jars, metal cans, or even Lego bricks to make a bong. The possibilities are endless!
But before we get into the details, let’s go over some basic terms and concepts that you need to know when making a bong.
What is a Bong?
A bong is a device that filters and cools the smoke from burning herb or tobacco through water before inhaling it. The water helps to remove some of the harmful substances and tar from the smoke, as well as to smooth out the harshness and enhance the flavor. A bong consists of four main parts:
- The bowl: This is where you pack your herb or tobacco. It can be made of metal, glass, ceramic, or even foil.
- The downstem: This is a tube that connects the bowl to the base of the bong. It can be made of metal, glass, plastic, or even a pen.
- The base: This is the chamber that holds the water. It can be made of plastic, glass, metal, or any other material that can hold water and is airtight.
- The mouthpiece: This is where you put your lips and inhale the smoke. It can be part of the base or a separate piece attached to it.
Some bongs also have a carb or a hole near the mouthpiece that you cover with your finger when smoking and release when clearing the smoke from the chamber. This helps to control the airflow and the intensity of the hit.
How to Make a Homemade Bong with a Plastic Bottle
Now that you know what a bong is and how it works, let’s see how you can make one with a plastic bottle and some other common items. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A plastic bottle of any size (the bigger the bottle, the bigger the hits)
- A pen with the ink removed (or any other hollow tube)
- A piece of aluminum foil (or a metal bowl if you have one)
- A sharp tool (like a knife, scissors, or a paperclip)
- Some water
- Your herb or tobacco of choice
Once you have everything ready, follow these steps to make your homemade bong:
- Fill up the plastic bottle about ¼ of the way with water. This is the base of your bong.
- Poke a hole near the neck of the bottle with your sharp tool. This is the carb of your bong. Make sure it’s big enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
- Poke another hole slightly above the waterline on the side of the bottle with your sharp tool. This is where you’ll insert the downstem of your bong. Make sure it’s about the same width as your pen or tube.
- Wrap a piece of aluminum foil around one end of your pen or tube and press it down to form a bowl. Poke some small holes in the foil so that smoke can pass through it. Alternatively, if you have a metal bowl, you can attach it to your pen or tube instead.
- Push the open end of your pen or tube through the side hole of the bottle at an angle so that it reaches below the waterline inside. The foil bowl should be facing upwards on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack some herb or tobacco into your bowl and light it up with a lighter.
- Cover the carb hole with your finger and put your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle.
- Inhale slowly and gently until you see smoke filling up the chamber.
- Release your finger from the carb hole and inhale the smoke from the chamber.
- Enjoy your homemade bong!
Tips and Tricks for Making a Homemade Bong
Making a homemade bong is easy and fun, but there are some things you can do to make it even better. Here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Change the water in your bong regularly to keep it clean and fresh.
- Use cold water or add some ice cubes to the base to make the smoke cooler and smoother.
- Add some flavoring to the water, like lemon juice, mint leaves, or tea, to enhance the taste of the smoke.
- Be careful not to burn yourself or melt the plastic when lighting your bowl.
- Don’t use plastic or foil as your bowl, as they can release harmful chemicals when heated. Use metal or glass instead.
- Don’t inhale too hard or fast, as you may get water in your mouth or lungs.
- Experiment with different materials and shapes to make your own unique bong.
Making a homemade bong is a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending a lot of money or time. All you need is a plastic bottle and some other simple items that you can find at home. Follow the steps above to make your own bong in minutes and have fun smoking it. Remember to be safe and responsible when using your homemade bong, and don’t forget to share it with your friends!