If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke through water filtration, which can enhance the flavor and smoothness of your smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in a few simple steps.
What You Will Need
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty plastic water bottle. Any size will work, but a standard 16.9 ounce bottle is ideal. Remove the cap and the label from the bottle.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your herb or tobacco, as well as to make holes in the bottle for the downstem and the carb.
- A pair of scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem and the carb.
- A ballpoint pen. You will disassemble this and use the empty plastic tube as the downstem.
- A small metal socket. You will use this as the bowl for your herb or tobacco. You can find one at any hardware store or online. Make sure it fits snugly into the pen tube.
- Some aluminum foil. You will use this to wrap around the socket and secure it to the pen tube.
- Some duct tape or electrical tape. You will use this to seal any gaps or leaks between the downstem and the bottle.
- Some cotton or gauze. You will use this to filter out any ash or debris from your smoke.
- Some water. You will use this to fill up the bottle and create the water filtration system.
- Some herb or tobacco of your choice. You will use this to pack the bowl and enjoy your smoke.
Step by Step Instructions
Follow these easy steps to make a water bottle bong:
- Disassemble all the parts. Disassemble the water bottle by removing the cap and the label. The water bottle becomes the bong chamber, and the opening becomes the mouthpiece. Disassemble the ballpoint pen, taking all the components apart until you are left with only the long empty plastic tube. This becomes the downstem.
- Make a hole for the downstem. Use your scissors or another sharp tool to poke a hole in the side of the water bottle, slightly above the bottom. The hole should be big enough for the pen tube to fit through, but not too big that it is loose or leaks air. You can also use your lighter to melt a hole in the bottle, but be careful not to burn yourself or inhale any fumes.
- Insert the downstem into the hole. Push one end of the pen tube through the hole you made in the bottle, at an angle so that it reaches near the bottom of the bottle on the inside. The other end of the pen tube should stick out of the bottle on the outside, pointing upwards. This is where you will attach your bowl.
- Make a hole for the carb. Use your scissors or another sharp tool to poke another hole in the side of the water bottle, slightly above where you filled it with water. The hole should be small enough for you to cover with your finger, but big enough for air to flow through when you release it. The carb is used to clear out any stale smoke from the chamber when you inhale.
- Attach the bowl to the downstem. Wrap some aluminum foil around one end of your metal socket, leaving some space inside for your herb or tobacco. Then insert it into the end of your pen tube that is sticking out of the bottle, and secure it with some duct tape or electrical tape. Make sure there are no gaps or leaks between them. You can also put some cotton or gauze inside your socket to prevent any ash or debris from getting into your mouth.
- Fill up the bottle with water. Pour some water into your water bottle through the mouthpiece, until it reaches about an inch above where your downstem enters on the inside. The water should cover most of your downstem, but not all of it. The water acts as a filter and a cooler for your smoke, making it smoother and more enjoyable.
- Pack the bowl and enjoy your smoke. Grind up some herb or tobacco of your choice, and pack it into your bowl. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, just enough for it to stay in place and burn evenly. Then light up your bowl with your lighter, cover the carb with your finger, and inhale through the mouthpiece. When you are ready to clear the chamber, release the carb and inhale the rest of the smoke. Repeat as desired.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your water bottle bong experience even better:
- Change the water regularly. The water will get dirty and smelly after a few uses, so make sure to replace it with fresh water every time you use your bong. This will ensure a cleaner and tastier smoke.
- Clean your bong after every use. Rinse out your water bottle, downstem, and bowl with some hot water and soap, and let them dry completely before storing them away. This will prevent any mold, bacteria, or residue from building up in your bong.
- Experiment with different bottles and bowls. You can use different sizes and shapes of bottles and bowls to create different types of bongs. For example, you can use a larger bottle for bigger hits, or a smaller bottle for more portability. You can also use different materials for your bowl, such as glass, metal, or ceramic.
- Add some ice or flavoring to the water. You can make your smoke even cooler and smoother by adding some ice cubes to the water in your bottle. You can also add some flavoring, such as lemon juice, mint leaves, or fruit slices, to give your smoke a nice aroma and taste.
Making a water bottle bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending a lot of money or time. All you need are some basic household items and a little creativity. Just follow the steps above and you will have a fully functional water bottle bong in no time. Remember to use it responsibly and safely, and have fun!