If you are looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite herbs or tobacco, you might want to try using a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax. These are potent forms of cannabis that can deliver a powerful and flavorful experience. However, using them requires some special equipment and techniques. In this blog post, we will explain what concentrates, oils, and wax are, how to use them with a glass bong, and what benefits they offer.
What are Concentrates, Oils, and Wax?
Concentrates, oils, and wax are different types of cannabis extracts that have been processed to remove the plant material and retain the active compounds, such as THC, CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. They can have various textures, colors, and consistencies, depending on the extraction method and the quality of the source material. Some of the most common types of concentrates are:
- Shatter: A hard, brittle, and translucent extract that looks like amber glass. It has a high THC content and can be broken into small pieces for dabbing.
- Wax: A soft, sticky, and opaque extract that looks like honey or wax. It has a lower THC content than shatter but more terpenes and flavor. It can be scooped with a dabber or rolled into balls for dabbing.
- BHO: An acronym for butane hash oil, a type of extract that uses butane as a solvent to extract the cannabinoids and terpenes from the plant material. It can have various consistencies, such as shatter, wax, budder, crumble, or honeycomb.
- Rosin: A solventless extract that uses heat and pressure to squeeze the resin from the plant material. It has a similar consistency to wax or budder and retains most of the original flavor and potency of the source material.
Concentrates, oils, and wax can be consumed in various ways, such as vaping, smoking, or ingesting. However, one of the most popular methods is dabbing.
What is Dabbing?
Dabbing is the vaporization and inhalation of concentrates on a hot surface. It is a more efficient and effective way to consume extracts than smoking or vaping because it delivers a higher dose of cannabinoids in a single hit. Dabbing also preserves the flavor and aroma of the extracts better than combustion.
To dab concentrates, you need some special equipment:
- Dab rig: A water pipe that is similar to a bong but has a fitting for a nail instead of a bowl. The nail is where you place the concentrate.
- Nail: A metal or glass piece that fits into the dab rig and can withstand high temperatures. The most common type of nail is a quartz banger, which has a bucket shape that can hold the concentrate. Other types of nails include ceramic, titanium, or e-nails.
- Dabber: A tool that is used to apply the concentrate to the nail. It can be made of metal, glass, or ceramic and have different shapes depending on the texture of the concentrate.
- Carb cap: A device that is used to cover the nail after applying the concentrate. It helps regulate the airflow and create a vacuum that lowers the temperature and pressure inside the nail. This allows for more efficient vaporization and smoother hits.
- Torch: A device that is used to heat up the nail before dabbing. It can be a mini-torch used for crème brulee or a larger torch used for welding. E-nails are electric devices that eliminate the need for a torch by heating up automatically.
How to Use a Glass Bong with Concentrates
To use a glass bong with concentrates, you need to follow these steps:
- Prepare your dab rig: Fill your glass bong with water until it covers the downstem by about an inch. Attach your nail to the fitting on your bong and make sure it is secure.
- Heat up your nail: Use your torch to heat up your nail until it glows red. Be careful not to overheat it or touch it with your fingers. If you are using an e-nail, set the desired temperature and wait for it to reach it.
- Let your nail cool down: Wait for your nail to cool down slightly before dabbing. The optimal temperature for dabbing is between 300°F and 400°F, depending on the type and quality of your concentrate. You can use a timer or a thermometer to measure the temperature of your nail.
- Apply your concentrate: Use your dabber to scoop a small amount of concentrate and carefully place it on the nail. The concentrate will start to melt and vaporize immediately. Inhale the vapor through the mouthpiece of your bong.
- Cover your nail with a carb cap: After applying the concentrate, cover your nail with a carb cap to trap the vapor and create a vacuum. This will lower the temperature and pressure inside the nail and allow for more complete vaporization and smoother hits.
- Clear your bong: Once you have inhaled all the vapor, remove the carb cap and exhale. If there is any leftover vapor in your bong, clear it by inhaling again. Repeat the process until you are satisfied.
What are the Benefits of Using a Glass Bong with Concentrates?
Using a glass bong with concentrates can offer you several benefits, such as:
- Potency: Concentrates have a higher concentration of cannabinoids than flower, so you can get more effects with less material. A single dab can deliver a strong dose of THC, CBD, or other compounds that can help you with various medical or recreational needs.
- Flavor: Concentrates have a more intense and complex flavor than flower, especially if they are made from high-quality source material and extracted with care. Dabbing preserves the flavor and aroma of the concentrates better than smoking or vaping because it avoids combustion and uses lower temperatures.
- Purity: Concentrates have less plant material than flower, so you are inhaling more cannabinoids and less combusted resin. This can reduce the amount of tar and toxins that you consume and make for a cleaner and smoother experience.
- Variety: Concentrates come in various types, textures, and consistencies, so you can choose the one that suits your preferences and needs. You can also mix different concentrates or add them to flower for more diversity and customization.
Using a glass bong with concentrates, oils, or wax can be a great way to enjoy your herbs or tobacco in a new and exciting way. However, it requires some special equipment and techniques that you need to learn and master. If you follow our guide, you will be able to dab like a pro in no time. Remember to always start low and go slow when dabbing concentrates, as they can be very potent and overwhelming for beginners. Also, make sure to use high-quality products from reputable sources and keep your dab rig clean and well-maintained for optimal performance and safety.