Glass bongs are popular devices for smoking herb or tobacco, but they can also be customized and enhanced with various accessories and attachments. These products can improve the functionality, appearance, or durability of your bong, or allow you to use it for different purposes. In this blog post, we will introduce some of the most common accessories and attachments for glass bongs and explain how they work.
A bowl is an essential part of every bong. It is the chamber where you pack your herb or tobacco and light it up. The smoke then travels through the downstem and into the water chamber of the bong, where it is filtered and cooled. Bowls come in different sizes, shapes, and materials, and they can be either male or female, depending on the joint size and gender of your bong. You can choose a bowl that matches your style, preference, or mood, or have multiple bowls for different occasions.
Some examples of bowls are:
- Empire Glassworks Bowl – Boobies: This is a fun and colorful bowl that features a pair of boobies on top. It is made of high-quality borosilicate glass and has a 14mm male joint. It is compatible with any 14mm female joint bong.
- 14mm to 14mm Titanium Nail Setup: This is a bowl that converts your bong into a dab rig for smoking concentrates. It consists of a titanium nail, a dome, and a glass adapter. It fits any 14mm female joint bong.
- 18mm Female Reclaimer 90 Degree: This is a bowl that allows you to reclaim the excess oil or wax that drips from your nail or banger when dabbing. It has a removable glass jar that collects the residue, which you can reuse later. It has an 18mm female joint and fits any 18mm male joint bong.
A downstem is another essential part of every bong. It is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber of the bong. It also acts as a diffuser, breaking up the smoke into smaller bubbles and increasing the surface area for filtration and cooling. Downstems come in different lengths, diameters, and styles, and they can have different types of percolators, such as slits, holes, or showerheads. You can choose a downstem that fits your bong perfectly, or experiment with different ones to change the airflow, drag, or smoothness of your hits.
Some examples of downstems are:
- Slit-Cut Diffused Downstem – 18.8mm to 14.5mm: This is a simple and effective downstem that has slits at the bottom to create diffusion. It is made of clear glass and has an 18.8mm male joint and a 14.5mm female joint. It fits any 18.8mm female joint bong and any 14.5mm male joint bowl.
- Pulsar Simple Drop Ash Catcher: This is a downstem that also functions as an ash catcher, which is an attachment that catches the ash and debris from your herb or tobacco before it reaches the water chamber of your bong. This keeps your bong cleaner and your smoke purer. It is made of clear glass and has a 45-degree angle joint. It comes in different sizes to fit different bongs and bowls.
- 18/18mm Diffused Downstem: This is a downstem that has a built-in diffuser at the bottom, which consists of several holes that create more bubbles and diffusion. It is made of clear glass and has an 18mm male joint and an 18mm female joint. It fits any 18mm female joint bong and any 18mm male joint bowl.
Ashcatchers are attachments that can be added to your bong to enhance its filtration and cleanliness. They are essentially mini bongs that have their own water chamber and percolator, and they attach to the joint of your bong. The smoke passes through the ashcatcher first, where it is filtered and cooled by the water and the percolator, before entering the main chamber of your bong. This way, the ashcatcher catches most of the ash and debris from your herb or tobacco, as well as some of the tar and resin, keeping your bong cleaner and your smoke smoother. Ashcatchers come in different sizes, angles, and styles, and they can have different types of percolators, such as honeycomb, matrix, or showerhead.
Some examples of ashcatchers are:
- 14mm 90 Degree Showerhead Honeycomb Ash Catcher By Diamond Glass: This is a high-quality ashcatcher that features two percolators: a showerhead perc at the bottom and a honeycomb perc at the top. These percs create a lot of bubbles and diffusion, resulting in smooth and cool hits. It is made of thick glass and has a 14mm male joint and a 14mm female joint. It fits any 14mm female joint bong and any 14mm male joint bowl.
- 18mm 90 Degree Double Honeycomb Recycler Ash Catcher by Diamond Glass: This is an advanced ashcatcher that features a recycler system, which means that the water and smoke travel through multiple chambers and tubes, creating a continuous loop of filtration and cooling. It also has two honeycomb percs that add more diffusion and smoothness. It is made of thick glass and has an 18mm male joint and an 18mm female joint. It fits any 18mm female joint bong and any 18mm male joint bowl.
- Pulsar Swiss Perc Ash Catcher: This is a unique ashcatcher that features a swiss perc, which is a percolator that has holes all over its surface, resembling a swiss cheese. These holes create a lot of turbulence and diffusion, making the smoke smoother and cooler. It is made of clear glass and has a 90-degree angle joint. It comes in different sizes to fit different bongs and bowls.
Adapters are accessories that can be used to change the size, gender, or angle of your bong’s joint, or to connect two different joints together. They are useful for making your bong compatible with different bowls, downstems, ashcatchers, or other attachments that have different joint sizes or genders. They can also help you adjust the position or orientation of your attachments to make them more comfortable or convenient to use.
Some examples of adapters are:
- 14mm Female to 18mm Male Adapter: This is an adapter that changes the size and gender of your bong’s joint from 14mm female to 18mm male. This allows you to use any 18mm female joint attachment on your 14mm female joint bong.
- 10mm Female to 14mm Male Glass Converter: This is an adapter that changes the size and gender of your bong’s joint from 10mm female to 14mm male. This allows you to use any 14mm female joint attachment on your 10mm female joint bong.
- 14mm to 18mm Adapter: This is an adapter that changes the size of your bong’s joint from 14mm to 18mm, without changing its gender. This allows you to use any 18mm attachment on your 14mm bong.
- 18mm to 14mm Glass Converter: This is an adapter that changes the size of your bong’s joint from 18mm to 14mm, without changing its gender. This allows you to use any 14mm attachment on your 18mm bong.
- 45 Degree Glass Adapter: This is an adapter that changes the angle of your bong’s joint from straight to 45 degrees,