If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you might want to invest in a glass bong for a smoother and cooler experience. A glass bong is a water pipe that filters and cools the smoke, making it easier on your throat and lungs. But with so many options available, how do you choose the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences? In this blog post, we will give you some tips and recommendations to help you find your perfect glass bong.
Why size matters
The size of your glass bong affects several factors, such as portability, convenience, hit intensity, water filtration and cleaning. Generally speaking, smaller bongs are more portable and discreet, but they may also produce harsher hits and less smoke. Larger bongs are more suitable for home use and social sessions, but they may also be more difficult to store and clean. Medium-sized bongs are a good compromise between portability and performance, offering smooth hits and decent smoke volume.
Here are some pros and cons of different bong sizes:
- Mini bongs: These are ideal for on-the-go smoking, as they are easy to carry and hide. They also deliver powerful hits for their size, but they may be too harsh for some users. They are also harder to clean than larger bongs. Mini bongs range from 4 to 10 inches in height.
- Medium bongs: These are the most common and popular size of glass bongs, as they offer a balance between portability and performance. They are good for solo or group smoking, providing smooth hits and decent smoke volume. They also have more room for percolators and other features that enhance the smoking experience. Medium bongs range from 8 to 16 inches in height.
- Large bongs: These are the best choice for heavy smokers who want big and intense hits. They have more water capacity and surface area, which means more filtration and cooling of the smoke. They also produce more smoke than smaller bongs, which can be satisfying for some users. However, they are also more expensive, bulky and hard to clean than smaller bongs. Large bongs are usually over 16 inches in height.
How to choose the right design
The design of your glass bong affects not only its appearance but also its functionality and durability. There are many types of glass bongs, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the most common designs:
- Straight tube bongs: These are the simplest and most classic type of glass bongs, consisting of a straight tube with a base, a bowl, a downstem and a mouthpiece. They are easy to use and clean, but they may also tip over easily and splash water.
- Beaker bongs: These are similar to straight tube bongs, but they have a wider base that resembles a beaker. They are more stable and hold more water than straight tube bongs, but they may also be harder to clear and draw more air resistance.
- Bubbler bongs: These are smaller versions of beaker or round base bongs that have a built-in percolator or diffuser in the base. They offer more filtration and smoother hits than mini bongs, but they may also be harder to fill and empty.
- Percolator bongs: These are glass bongs that have one or more percolators or diffusers in the chamber or the downstem. Percolators are devices that create bubbles in the water, increasing the surface area of the smoke and cooling it down further. Percolator bongs offer the smoothest hits possible, but they may also be more expensive, complex and hard to clean than simpler designs.
- Recycler bongs: These are glass bongs that have two chambers connected by a tube or a loop. The smoke travels from the first chamber to the second chamber through the tube or loop, then back to the first chamber through another tube or loop. This process recycles the smoke multiple times, filtering and cooling it even more. Recycler bongs offer the best flavor and smoothness of all glass bongs, but they may also be the most expensive, fragile and hard to clean.
Other factors to consider
Besides size and design, there are other factors that you should consider when choosing a glass bong, such as:
- Joint size: This is the size of the opening where the bowl or the nail attaches to the bong. The most common joint sizes are 10mm, 14mm and 18mm. You should choose a joint size that matches your bowl or nail, or use an adapter if needed.
- Material: Glass bongs are usually made of borosilicate glass, which is durable, heat-resistant and easy to clean. However, some glass bongs may also have other materials, such as silicone, metal or plastic, which may affect the quality and taste of the smoke.
- Price: Glass bongs vary in price depending on their size, design, quality and brand. You can find cheap glass bongs for under $50, or expensive glass bongs for over $500. You should choose a glass bong that fits your budget and meets your expectations.
Choosing the right size and design of a glass bong for your needs and preferences can be a daunting task, but it can also be fun and rewarding. By following the tips and recommendations in this blog post, you can find your perfect glass bong that will enhance your smoking experience and last for a long time. Happy smoking!
- Bong Size Guide and Choosing Your Next Bong | Cannabox
- Bong Sizes Guide & How to Choose the Right One — Badass Glass
- Bongs for Sale | Find Your Perfect Bong / Water Pipe – Smoke Cartel
- Glass Bong – Glass Water Pipe Latest Price, Manufacturers & Suppliers