A bong is a popular device for smoking herb or tobacco, but it can also get dirty and smelly over time. Resin, tar, and bacteria can build up inside the bong, affecting the taste and quality of your smoke. That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and keep it fresh and sparkling.
Fortunately, cleaning a bong is not a difficult task. You don’t need any fancy or expensive products to do it. All you need are some common household items: hot water, salt, and rubbing alcohol. In this blog post, we will show you how to clean a bong with hot water and salt in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Gather your supplies
Before you start cleaning your bong, make sure you have the following supplies ready:
- A sink or basin
- Hot water
- Coarse salt (such as sea salt, rock salt, or Epsom salt)
- Rubbing alcohol (preferably 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol)
- Two large zipper storage bags
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
- A towel
- A small brush or pipe cleaner (optional)
Step 2: Disassemble your bong
Next, you need to take apart your bong so that you can clean each piece separately. Remove all the removable parts, such as the bowl, the downstem, the mouthpiece, and any other attachments. As you do this, check for any damage or cracks on your bong and replace any broken pieces.
Step 3: Rinse your bong with hot water
Now, you need to rinse your bong with hot water to get rid of any loose dirt and debris. Pour out any old water from the base of the bong and fill it up with hot water from the tap. Swirl the water around to loosen up any resin or tar inside the bong. Then pour out the water and repeat until the water runs clear.
Step 4: Add salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong
This is where the magic happens. Salt and rubbing alcohol are a powerful combination that can dissolve and scrub away any stubborn resin or stains inside your bong. To use them, follow these steps:
- Pour some coarse salt into the base of the bong. You don’t need to measure it exactly, but a few tablespoons should be enough.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into the base of the bong until it covers the salt. Again, you don’t need to be precise, but about half a cup should do.
- Cover the openings of the bong with rubber stoppers or bong plugs. Alternatively, you can use your hands or fingers to plug them.
- Shake the bong vigorously for about five minutes. The salt will act as an abrasive and the alcohol will act as a solvent, working together to remove any resin or stains from the walls of the bong.
Step 5: Clean the other parts of the bong
While you let the salt and alcohol solution sit in the base of the bong, you can clean the other parts of the bong, such as the bowl, the downstem, and the mouthpiece. To do this, follow these steps:
- Put each part into a separate zipper storage bag.
- Add some salt and rubbing alcohol to each bag.
- Seal the bags and shake them for about five minutes.
- If there are any hard-to-reach areas or stubborn resin on these parts, you can use a small brush or pipe cleaner to scrub them gently.
Step 6: Rinse and dry your bong
The final step is to rinse and dry your bong thoroughly. To do this, follow these steps:
- Pour out the salt and alcohol solution from the base of the bong into a sink.
- Rinse the base of the bong with hot water until there is no trace of salt or alcohol left.
- Rinse each part of the bong with hot water as well.
- Dry the base of the bong and each part with a towel.
- Reassemble your bong and enjoy your clean and fresh smoke.
Cleaning a bong with hot water and salt is a simple and effective way to keep your bong in good shape. By following these steps, you can remove any resin, tar, bacteria, or stains from your bong and improve the taste and quality of your smoke. You should clean your bong at least once a week, or more often if you use it frequently. You should also change the water in your bong after every session to prevent mold and biofilm from forming.
We hope this blog post has been helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy smoking!