If you are new to the world of bongs, you might be wondering how to use one properly. Bongs are a popular way of smoking herb or tobacco, as they offer a smooth, clean, and potentially healthier experience than joints or pipes. But hitting a bong is not as simple as just lighting up and inhaling. There are some techniques and tips that can help you get the most out of your bong session. Here are some steps to follow if you want to hit a bong like a pro.
What You Need
Before you start, make sure you have everything you need to hit a bong. Here is a list of the essentials:
- Your favorite strain of herb or tobacco
- A bong. Be sure your bong has a downstem and bowl.
- A lighter or hemp wick
- A grinder
- A cleaning solution (either one designed specifically for bongs or a combination of rubbing alcohol and coarse salt)
- Zipper-top plastic bags and plugs that fit the holes in your bong (for cleaning)
How to Prep Your Bong
The first step is to prepare your bong for smoking. Here is how to do it:
- Insert the downstem into the hole at the side of the bong. Make sure it fits snugly and securely.
- Pour water into the water chamber through the mouthpiece, which is the large opening at the top of the bong. Put enough water so that the bottom of the downstem is fully submerged, but not too much that it splashes into your mouth when you inhale.
- Pack the bowl with your herb or tobacco