If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or even pumpkins. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a simple homemade bong using a plastic bottle and some household items.
What You Will Need
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A pen with the ink removed or a metal tube to use as a downstem.
- A small piece of aluminum foil to use as a bowl.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip, to make holes in the bottle.
- Water to fill the bottle.
- Your favorite herb or tobacco to pack the bowl.
- A lighter to ignite the bowl.
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle. To make the carb, poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle with your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem Hole
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber. To make the downstem hole, poke another hole slightly above the waterline on the side of the bottle. The hole should be about the same width as your pen or metal tube. If you have trouble pushing the downstem through, you can melt the plastic around the hole with your lighter and then insert it.
Step 3: Make the Bowl
The bowl is where you will place your herb or tobacco. To make the bowl, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of your pen or metal tube. Press down the center of the foil to create a concave shape and poke some tiny holes in it for airflow. Alternatively, you can use a pre-fabricated bowl if you have one.
Step 4: Assemble Your Bong
Now that you have all the components ready, it’s time to put them together. Push the open end of your downstem through the hole on the side of the bottle and angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle. Fill your bowl with your herb or tobacco and light it up. Cover the carb with your finger and inhale through the mouthpiece of the bottle. When you’re ready to clear the smoke, release your finger from the carb and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- You can use different types of bottles for different effects. For example, a two-liter bottle will give you huge hits, while a small water bottle will give you more flavor.
- You can also use different types of fruits or vegetables instead of a plastic bottle. Some popular choices are apples, carrots, bell peppers, and watermelons. Just make sure to hollow out enough space for water and poke holes for the downstem and carb.
- You can add ice cubes or flavored liquids to your water chamber for extra cooling and taste.
- You can decorate your homemade bong with stickers, paint, or anything else you like to make it more personalized.
- You should clean your homemade bong after each use to prevent mold and bacteria growth. Rinse it with hot water and soap or alcohol and let it dry completely before storing it.
Making a homemade bong is easy and fun. You can use materials that you already have at home and customize it to your liking. A homemade bong can also save you money and give you a unique smoking experience. However, remember to be careful when handling sharp tools and fire and always smoke responsibly.