If you are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try making a water bottle bong. A water bottle bong is a simple homemade device that allows you to smoke through water filtration, which can cool down and smooth out the smoke. All you need are some basic household items and a few minutes of your time. Here is how to make a water bottle bong in 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
To make a water bottle bong, you will need the following materials:
- An empty plastic water bottle. Any size will work, but a standard 16.9 ounce bottle is ideal. Remove the cap and the label.
- A lighter. You will use this to light your herb or tobacco, as well as to make holes in the bottle.
- A pair of scissors or another sharp tool. You will use this to poke holes in the bottle for the downstem and the carb.
- A ballpoint pen. You will disassemble this and use the empty tube as the downstem.
- A small metal socket. You will use this as the bowl for your herb or tobacco. You can find one at any hardware store or online.
- Some aluminum foil. You will use this to wrap around the socket and secure it to the pen tube.
- Some duct tape or electrical tape. You will use this to seal any gaps or leaks in your water bottle bong.
- Some gauze or cotton balls. You will use this to filter out any ash or debris from your smoke.
- Some water. You will use this to fill up your water bottle bong and create the water filtration system.
Step 2: Make the Downstem and Bowl
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water in the bottle, and the bowl is where you pack your herb or tobacco. To make them, follow these steps:
- Disassemble the ballpoint pen, taking all the components apart until you are left with only the long empty plastic tube. This becomes the downstem.
- Take the metal socket and wrap some aluminum foil around its base, leaving the opening exposed. This becomes the bowl.
- Insert the socket into one end of the pen tube, making sure it fits snugly. You may need to use some tape to secure it in place.
- Take some gauze or cotton balls and stuff them into the socket, filling up about half of it. This will act as a screen to prevent any ash or debris from getting into your mouth.
Step 3: Make Holes in the Bottle
The next step is to make two holes in the bottle: one for the downstem and one for the carb. The carb is a hole that you cover with your finger when you inhale, and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle. To make them, follow these steps:
- Take your lighter and heat up the tip of your scissors or sharp tool. Be careful not to burn yourself or melt the tool.
- Poke a hole near the bottom of the bottle, slightly above where it curves inward. This is where you will insert your downstem. Make sure the hole is slightly smaller than the pen tube, so it fits tightly.
- Poke another hole on the side of the bottle, slightly above where you filled it with water. This is where you will place your mouth and create the carb. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 4: Assemble Your Water Bottle Bong
The final step is to put everything together and make your water bottle bong ready for use. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert your downstem into the bottom hole of the bottle, at an angle so that the bowl end is pointing upward and outside of the bottle, and the other end is submerged in the water inside of the bottle.
- Use some tape to seal any gaps or leaks around the downstem hole, making sure it is airtight.
- Fill up your bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice, breaking it up with your fingers or a grinder if necessary.
- Place your mouth over the carb hole and your finger over the mouthpiece of the bottle.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Water Bottle Bong
Now that you have made your water bottle bong, you are ready to enjoy it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Light up your herb or tobacco with your lighter, holding the flame close to the bowl but not touching it.
- Inhale slowly and steadily through the carb hole, while keeping your finger over the mouthpiece. You should see the bottle fill up with smoke.
- When you have enough smoke in the bottle, remove your finger from the mouthpiece and inhale quickly and deeply through it, clearing the smoke from the bottle.
- Exhale the smoke and repeat as desired.
Congratulations, you have just made and used a water bottle bong! Enjoy the smooth and cool smoke that comes from water filtration, and be proud of your DIY skills. Remember to clean your water bottle bong after each use, and dispose of it properly when you are done with it. Happy smoking!