If you love smoking herb or tobacco, but you don’t have a bong, don’t worry. You can make your own bong at home using some cheap and easy materials. A homemade bong is a great way to enjoy your favorite herb without spending a lot of money on a fancy piece. Plus, it can be a fun and creative project that you can customize to your liking.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong using three different methods: a plastic bottle bong, a gravity bong, and a fruit bong. All of these methods are simple and effective, and they only require some basic tools and supplies that you probably already have at home. Let’s get started!
Method 1: Plastic Bottle Bong
A plastic bottle bong is one of the most popular and easiest homemade bongs to make. All you need is a plastic bottle, a pen, some aluminum foil, and some water. Here are the steps to make a plastic bottle bong:
- Fill up a plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. Any kind of plastic bottle will work, but keep in mind that the larger the bottle is, the bigger the bong hits will be. Don’t worry if you don’t have the cap to the bottle—you won’t need it! The water you’re putting in the bottle is what the smoke will filter through when you’re smoking the bong.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the water bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole you’ll cover with your finger at first and then let go of so you can inhale the smoke in the bottle. Make the hole large enough for air to easily flow through it, but not so big that you won’t be able to cover it with your finger. You can use any sharp tool to make the hole, like a pen, a knife, or a straightened out paperclip. Be careful that you don’t cut yourself or make the hole too big.
- Make a second hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. You’ll put the downstem—the tube with the bowl attached to it—through this hole at an angle so the end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. Make this hole with the same tool you used to make the first one. Make the hole about the same width as a pen. If it’s any smaller, you may have a hard time pushing the downstem through, and if it’s any larger, the downstem may be too loose.
- Use a highlighter and foil to fashion a downstem for the bong. To make the downstem, empty the contents of a highlighter so you’re left with just the hollow plastic tube. You may need to use scissors or pliers to pull the highlighter apart. Then, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of the plastic tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make the bowl and poke tiny holes in it so the smoke can get through. If you already have a downstem, you can use that with your plastic bottle bong instead.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole you made. Angle the downstem downward so the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. When you’re finished inserting
the downstem, the bowl should be angled upward on
the outside of
you’re having trouble fitting
the downstem through
a little bigger and try again.
Be careful not
too big or
the downstem will be too loose.
the bowl and try out your new bong.
To use your plastic bottle bong,
start by covering
the carb—the hole
you made at
the top of
the bottle—with your finger.
light up your herb or tobacco in
the bowl and inhale through
the mouthpiece of
you’re ready to take
release your finger from
the carb and inhale
the smoke in
Method 2: Gravity Bong
A gravity bong is another easy homemade bong that uses water pressure to create big hits of smoke. You’ll need two plastic bottles of different sizes, some aluminum foil, scissors, and water. Here are the steps to make a gravity bong:
- Cover the mouthpiece of a plastic bottle with foil to make a bowl. The bottle should be smaller than the other one you’ll use. Cut off the bottom of the bottle and poke some small holes in the foil. You can use a toothpick or a sharpened pencil to do this.
- Cut off the top of the other plastic bottle and fill it with water. This bottle should be larger than the one with the foil bowl. You can use any container that can hold water, such as a bucket or a pitcher.
- Place the smaller bottle inside the larger one and push it down until it’s almost completely submerged in the water. The foil bowl should be above the water level.
- Pack the bowl with your herb or tobacco and light it up. As you do this, slowly lift the smaller bottle up, but don’t pull it out of the water. The smoke will fill up the bottle as you lift it.
- Remove the foil bowl and place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the smaller bottle. Push the bottle down into the water as you inhale the smoke. Be careful not to inhale too hard or you might get some water in your mouth.
Method 3: Fruit Bong
A fruit bong is a fun and flavorful homemade bong that uses fresh produce as the main component. You can use any fruit with a large chamber to make a fruit bong, such as a melon, a pineapple, or a coconut. You’ll also need a pen, a knife, and some aluminum foil. Here are the steps to make a fruit bong:
- Cut off the top of the fruit and empty the contents, so you have a chamber and a lid. You can use a spoon or a knife to scoop out the flesh of the fruit. Save some of the fruit for later if you want to eat it.
- Cut a hole in the top half (the lid) for your bowl and downstem. You can use a pen to make the hole and then insert it through the hole to make the downstem. Wrap some aluminum foil around
the end of
the pen and poke some holes in
it to make
- Cut another hole in
the side of
the fruit for
You can use
the same pen to make
the hole is large enough for
your finger to cover
- Fill up
the chamber with some water until
it reaches just above
the end of
You can use tap water or
some juice for extra flavor.
the bowl with your herb or tobacco and enjoy your fruit bong.
To use your fruit bong,
the carb with your finger and light up your herb or tobacco in
the top of
the fruit and release your finger from
the carb when you’re ready to take
Making a homemade bong is not only easy and cheap, but also fun and creative. You can use different materials and methods to make your own bong that suits your preferences and needs. Whether you choose to make a plastic bottle bong, a gravity bong, or a fruit bong, you’ll be able to enjoy your herb or tobacco in a new way.
However, keep in mind that homemade bongs are not meant to last long and they may not be very safe or hygienic. Some materials, such as plastic or aluminum foil, may release harmful chemicals when heated by your lighter. Also, homemade bongs may harbor bacteria or mold if not cleaned properly. Therefore, we recommend that you use homemade bongs only as a last resort and that you dispose of them after one or two uses.
If you want to have a better smoking experience, we suggest that you invest in a high-quality bong that is made of glass or ceramic. These materials are more durable, safe, and easy to clean than homemade bongs. Plus, they come in various shapes, sizes, colors, and designs that can enhance your smoking pleasure.
If you’re looking for some great bongs to buy online, check out our website for some amazing deals and discounts. We have a wide range of bongs for every budget and preference. Whether you want a simple beaker bong, a fancy percolator bong, or something in between, we have it all. Browse our collection today and find your perfect bong!