A glass bong is a great accessory for enjoying your favorite herb or tobacco. It offers a smooth and satisfying smoking experience, thanks to the water filtration and cooling effect. However, a glass bong is also a delicate and fragile piece of equipment that requires proper care and maintenance. If you want to keep your glass bong in good shape and avoid breaking it, you need to know how to store and transport it safely.
In this blog post, we will share some tips and tricks on how to store and transport a glass bong without breaking it. Whether you want to stash your bong away at home or take it with you on a road trip, we have you covered. Follow these guidelines and you will be able to enjoy your glass bong for a long time.
How to Store a Glass Bong at Home
Storing your glass bong at home might seem like a simple task, but there are some things you need to consider. Here are some dos and don’ts of storing your glass bong at home:
- Don’t store your bong out in the open. Leaving your bong on the table, desk, or countertop is not a good idea. It can attract dust, bacteria, and insects, which can make your bong dirty and unhealthy. It can also get knocked over or broken by accident. Instead, find a safe, secure, and out-of-the-way place to store your bong, such as a closet, drawer, or cabinet.
- Don’t store your bong with herb or tobacco inside. If you have some leftover herb or tobacco in your bowl, don’t be lazy and leave it there for the next session. This can cause sticky residue to build up on your glass, which can make it harder to clean and less efficient. It can also degrade the quality of your herb or tobacco, making it stale and less potent. Instead, empty the bowl and store any leftover herb or tobacco in a small container.
- Clean your bong before stashing it away. Cleaning your bong after every use is the best way to keep it in optimal condition. However, if you don’t have time for a thorough cleaning, at least rinse it with warm water and remove any ash or debris from the bowl and stem. This will prevent mold, bacteria, and bad odors from developing in your bong. You can also use some alcohol or vinegar to disinfect your glass.
- Find a cool, dry storage space for your bong. The ideal storage environment for your glass bong is cool, dry, and dark. Avoid exposing your bong to direct sunlight, heat sources, or moisture. These can damage the glass or cause cracks or warping. You can also wrap your bong in a soft cloth or towel to protect it from scratches or dust.
How to Transport a Glass Bong Safely
If you want to take your glass bong with you on a trip, you need to be extra careful. Transporting a glass bong can be risky, especially if you’re traveling by car or plane. Here are some tips on how to transport a glass bong safely:
- Clean your bong before packing it. Just like when storing your bong at home, you should clean your bong before packing it for transport. This will make it easier to pack and prevent any leaks or smells from attracting unwanted attention. You should also empty the water from the base and dry it well.
- Use a padded case or bag for your bong. The best way to transport your glass bong is to use a padded case or bag that is designed for this purpose. For instance, the RYOT Pro-Duffle SmellSafe Bong Bag is capable of carrying all your smoking gear safely and discreetly. It has multiple pockets, straps, and padding to keep your glass secure and protected from shocks or impacts.
- If you don’t have a case or bag, cushion your bong with clothes or bubble wrap. If you don’t have a special case or bag for your glass bong, you can still transport it safely by cushioning it with clothes, towels, or bubble wrap. You can also use a cardboard box or a plastic container to hold your bong and prevent it from moving around. Make sure you pack your bong tightly and securely, and avoid placing it near any sharp or heavy objects.
- Be careful if you travel by plane with your bong. Traveling by plane with your glass bong can be tricky, as you might encounter some security or legal issues. First of all, make sure your bong is clean and free of any traces of herb or tobacco. You should also check the laws and regulations of your destination, as some places might have stricter rules on glass paraphernalia. You can either pack your bong in your checked luggage or carry it on board, but be prepared to explain what it is and why you have it.
A glass bong is a valuable and enjoyable piece of equipment, but it also requires proper care and maintenance. If you want to keep your glass bong in good shape and avoid breaking it, you need to know how to store and transport it safely. By following these tips and tricks, you will be able to enjoy your glass bong for a long time.
Do you have any questions or comments about storing and transporting a glass bong? Feel free to share them below. And if you’re looking for a new glass bong or any other smoking accessories, check out our online store for the best deals and quality products.