If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you know how satisfying it can be to inhale the smooth and flavorful smoke. However, you also know how unpleasant it can be to deal with the smell of a dirty bong, especially after using it. The smell of stale water, resin, and tar can linger in your room, on your clothes, and on your furniture, making you and your guests uncomfortable.
Fortunately, there are some simple and effective ways to get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it. In this blog post, we will share some tips and tricks to help you keep your bong clean and odor-free. Follow these steps and enjoy your smoking sessions without worrying about the smell.
Step 1: Rinse Your Bong After Every Use
The first and most important step to prevent your bong from smelling is to rinse it after every use. This will help remove any leftover water, ash, and debris that can cause odor and bacteria growth. To rinse your bong, simply fill it with hot water and shake it gently. Then, pour out the water and repeat until the water runs clear. You can also use a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab to wipe the inside of the stem and the bowl.
Rinsing your bong after every use will not only prevent it from smelling, but also make it easier to clean when you need to do a deep cleaning. It will also preserve the taste and quality of your herb or tobacco, as well as the appearance of your glass bong.
Step 2: Clean Your Bong Regularly With Alcohol and Salt
Even if you rinse your bong after every use, you will still need to clean it thoroughly once in a while to remove any stubborn resin and tar that can build up over time. A simple and effective way to clean your glass bong is to use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and salt. These two ingredients work together to dissolve and scrub away the resin and tar without damaging your glass bong.
To clean your bong with alcohol and salt, follow these steps:
- Separate all the parts of your bong, such as the stem, the bowl, and the base.
- Place the smaller parts in resealable plastic bags and fill them with enough alcohol to submerge them. You can also add some salt to act as an abrasive.
- Pour some alcohol and salt into the base of your bong and shake it well. Make sure to cover the openings with your hands or some plastic wrap.
- Let the alcohol and salt soak in the bags and in the base for at least 15 minutes, or longer if your bong is very dirty.
- Shake the bags and the base again to loosen up any remaining resin and tar.
- Rinse all the parts with hot water until they are clean and free of alcohol and salt.
- Dry all the parts with a paper towel or a cloth.
- Reassemble your bong and enjoy!
Step 3: Use Lemon Juice or Vinegar to Deodorize Your Bong
If you want to add some extra freshness to your bong, you can use lemon juice or vinegar to deodorize it. These natural ingredients have acidic properties that can neutralize any bad smells and leave a pleasant scent behind. They can also help remove any hard water stains or mineral deposits that can affect the clarity of your glass bong.
To deodorize your bong with lemon juice or vinegar, follow these steps:
- Boil some water in a kettle or a pot.
- Add some lemon juice or vinegar to the boiling water. The ratio is up to you, but a good rule of thumb is one part lemon juice or vinegar to four parts water.
- Pour the hot mixture into your bong and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour out the mixture and rinse your bong with cold water.
- Dry your bong with a paper towel or a cloth.
Step 4: Store Your Bong Properly
The last step to keep your bong from smelling is to store it properly when you are not using it. This will help prevent dust, dirt, moisture, and insects from getting into your bong and causing odor and damage. Here are some tips to store your bong properly:
- Empty and rinse your bong after every use.
- Store your bong in a cool, dry, and dark place, such as a closet, a drawer, or a cabinet.
- Wrap your bong in a cloth or a towel to protect it from scratches and breakage.
- Keep your bong away from pets, children, and other sources of heat or fire.
Smoking from a glass bong can be a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco, but it can also leave a nasty smell behind. To avoid this problem, you need to take good care of your bong and clean it regularly. By following the steps above, you can get rid of the smell of a glass bong after using it and keep it in top condition. Happy smoking!