If you are looking for a smooth and cool smoking experience, you might want to consider getting a percolator bong. A percolator bong is a glass bong that has extra filters built in (or added externally). These extra filters create more bubbles and in doing so they help cool and filter the smoke more. Percolator bongs are perhaps the ultimate type of glass bong because they are the glass bongs with the most features and varieties.
But how do you choose the right type and size of a percolator for your glass bong? There are many factors to consider, such as the design, the function, the price, and the maintenance of the percolator. In this blog post, we will guide you through some of the most common types of percolators and how to choose the best one for your needs.
What are the benefits of using a percolator bong?
A percolator bong can enhance your smoking experience in several ways:
- It cools down the smoke by passing it through water multiple times, making it less harsh on your throat and lungs.
- It filters out some of the tar, ash, and other impurities from the smoke, making it cleaner and healthier.
- It increases the flavor and aroma of your herb or tobacco by preserving more of the terpenes and cannabinoids.
- It creates a more enjoyable visual effect by producing more bubbles and smoke.
What are the different types of percolators?
There are many types of percolators, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Tree percolator: This type of percolator has several arms or branches that extend from a central tube. Each arm has several slits or holes that create bubbles as the smoke passes through. A tree percolator can have anywhere from 3 to 20 arms, depending on the size and design of the bong. The more arms, the more diffusion and cooling, but also more drag and resistance when inhaling.
- Honeycomb percolator: This type of percolator has a flat disc with many small holes that resemble a honeycomb. The holes create a lot of tiny bubbles that increase the surface area of the smoke, cooling and filtering it efficiently. A honeycomb percolator is easy to clean and has minimal drag, making it one of the most popular choices among smokers.
- Showerhead percolator: This type of percolator has a tube that widens at the bottom into a cone or dome shape. The bottom part has several slits or holes that spray water upwards like a showerhead. The water then falls back down into the chamber, creating a continuous cycle of diffusion and cooling. A showerhead percolator is simple but effective, and can be combined with other types of percolators for extra filtration.
- Turbine percolator: This type of percolator has a disc with angled slits that create a spinning motion of the water and smoke. The spinning action cools down the smoke and also creates a vortex that prevents water from splashing into your mouth. A turbine percolator is fun to watch and adds some extra smoothness to your hits.
How to choose the right type and size of a percolator for your glass bong?
The type and size of a percolator you choose depends on your personal preference and budget. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Consider how much diffusion and cooling you want. If you want maximum filtration, you might want to go for a multi-chambered bong with several types of percolators. If you want less filtration but more flavor, you might want to go for a single-chambered bong with one or no percolators.
- Consider how easy it is to clean and maintain. Some types of percolators are more prone to clogging and require more frequent cleaning than others. For example, tree percolators can be hard to clean because of their many arms and slits. Honeycomb percolators can be easier to clean because they have fewer parts and larger holes.
- Consider how much drag and resistance you can handle. Some types of percolators create more drag and resistance than others, making it harder to inhale. For example, turbine percolators can create a lot of drag because of their spinning action. Showerhead percolators can create less drag because of their simple design.
- Consider the size and shape of your glass bong. The size and shape of your glass bong can affect the performance and aesthetics of your percolator. For example, a tall and narrow bong might not be suitable for a large and wide percolator. A short and wide bong might not be suitable for a small and narrow percolator.
Percolator bongs are a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco with more smoothness and flavor. There are many types of percolators to choose from, each with its own pros and cons. The best way to find the right type and size of a percolator for your glass bong is to experiment with different options and see what works best for you. You can also check out some of the online reviews and recommendations from other smokers who have tried different percolators. Whatever you choose, make sure you clean and maintain your percolator bong regularly to keep it in good condition and prevent any health risks.