If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of various materials, such as plastic bottles, fruits, or even pumpkins. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong using some simple steps and supplies.
What You Will Need
To make a homemade bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the hits will be.
- A pen or a highlighter. You will use this as the downstem, which is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber.
- Aluminum foil. You will use this to make the bowl, which is where you will pack your herbs or tobacco.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip. You will use this to make holes in the bottle and the foil.
- Water. You will fill the bottle with water to filter the smoke.
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale and release when you clear the smoke from the bottle. To make the carb, poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle using your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber. To make the downstem, empty the contents of a pen or a highlighter and remove any plastic parts until you are left with a hollow tube. You can use scissors or pliers to pull apart the pen or highlighter. Then, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around one end of the tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to make a bowl shape and poke tiny holes in it so the smoke can get through.
Step 3: Make the Water Chamber
The water chamber is where the smoke will pass through and get filtered by the water. To make the water chamber, fill up the bottle about ¼ of the way with water. You don’t need too much water, just enough to submerge the end of the downstem.
Step 4: Insert the Downstem
To insert the downstem, make another hole slightly above the waterline on the side of the bottle using your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is about the same width as your downstem so it fits snugly. Then, push the open end of your downstem through this hole at an angle so that it reaches into the water chamber. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
Step 5: Pack and Smoke Your Bong
To use your homemade bong, pack your herbs or tobacco into the bowl and light it with a lighter. Cover the carb with your finger and inhale through the mouthpiece of the bottle. When you see smoke filling up in
the bottle, release your finger from
the carb and inhale
the smoke from
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience better:
- You can use different kinds of bottles to make different kinds of bongs. For example, you can use a two-liter bottle for a large bong or a small water bottle for a personal bong.
- You can also use different kinds of fruits or vegetables to make bongs. For example, you can use an apple, a carrot, a bell pepper, or even a pumpkin. Just carve out a bowl and a downstem from
the fruit or vegetable and insert them into
the water chamber.
- You can add ice cubes or cold water to
the water chamber to make
the smoke even cooler and smoother.
- You can decorate your homemade bong with stickers, paint, or markers to make it more personalized and fun.
- You should clean your homemade bong after each use to prevent mold and bacteria from growing in it. You can rinse it with hot water and soap or use alcohol and salt to scrub it.
Making a homemade bong is a fun and easy way to enjoy your herbs or tobacco. You can use simple materials that you can find around your house or in your kitchen. Just follow these steps and tips and you will have a fully functioning bong in no time. Remember to be careful when making and using your homemade bong and always smoke responsibly.