If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a bong, you know how important it is to keep it clean and fresh. A dirty bong can ruin the taste of your smoke, harbor mold and bacteria, and pose a health risk to your lungs. Not to mention, it can look unsightly and smell unpleasant.
Fortunately, cleaning a bong is not a difficult task. You don’t need any fancy or expensive products to get your bong sparkling like new. All you need are some household items that you probably already have in your kitchen: hot water and salt.
In this blog post, we will show you how to clean a bong with hot water and salt in a few simple steps. We will also share some tips and tricks to make the process easier and more effective. Let’s get started!
Why Hot Water and Salt?
Hot water and salt are a great combination for cleaning a bong because they work as a solvent and an abrasive, respectively. A solvent is a substance that dissolves or loosens the sticky resin that builds up on the glass over time. An abrasive is a substance that scrubs or scrapes away the stubborn stains that resist the solvent.
Hot water is an effective solvent because it softens the resin and makes it easier to remove. It also helps to rinse away any dirt or debris that may be in the bong. Salt is an effective abrasive because it has coarse grains that act like tiny brushes that scrub the glass. It also helps to create friction when you shake or swirl the bong with the hot water.
Together, hot water and salt can clean your bong in minutes without damaging or scratching the glass. They are also cheap, safe, and eco-friendly alternatives to harsh chemicals or specialized bong cleaners.
How to Clean a Bong with Hot Water and Salt
There are different methods to clean a bong with hot water and salt, but they all involve some common steps: emptying the bong, rinsing it with warm water, adding salt and hot water, and shaking or swirling the bong to remove the resin. Here is a detailed guide on how to do it:
- Empty the bong. Pour out any old water or ash that may be in the bong. If you have any removable parts, such as the bowl or the downstem, take them out and place them in a separate container.
- Rinse the bong with warm water. Fill the bong halfway with warm water and swirl it around to loosen any resin or dirt. Pour out the water and repeat until the water runs clear. Do the same for the removable parts in their container.
- Add salt and hot water. Pour three or more tablespoons of salt into the bong via the mouthpiece. The coarser the salt, the better. Fill your bong with hot water until it is just beneath the shaft line. Be careful not to burn yourself with the hot water. For the removable parts, add salt and hot water to their container until they are submerged.
- Shake or swirl the bong. Cover the openings of the bong with your hands or some plastic wrap and rubber bands. Shake or swirl the bong vigorously for several minutes to dissolve and dislodge the resin. You may need to repeat this step several times until you see no more resin coming off. Do the same for the removable parts in their container.
- Rinse again with warm water. Pour out the saltwater solution from the bong and rinse it well with warm water until there is no salt residue left. Do the same for the removable parts in their container.
- Dry and enjoy. Wipe down the bong and its parts with a clean cloth or paper towel. Let them air dry completely before reassembling and using them again.
Tips and Tricks
To make your cleaning process easier and more effective, here are some tips and tricks you can try:
- If your bong is very dirty or has hard-to-reach areas, you may want to presoak it in warm water and dish soap, or run boiling water through it before adding salt and hot water.
- If you want to add some extra cleaning power or freshness to your saltwater solution, you can add some lemon juice, vinegar, or a few drops of essential oil. These ingredients can help to break down the resin and deodorize the bong.
- If you have any stubborn stains or spots that resist the saltwater solution, you can use a pipe cleaner, a cotton swab, or a toothbrush to scrub them gently. Be careful not to scratch the glass or damage any delicate parts.
- If you want to prevent your bong from getting too dirty in the first place, you should change the water after every smoke session and rinse it with warm water. You should also deep clean your bong at least once a week or more often if you use it frequently.
Cleaning a bong with hot water and salt is a simple and effective way to keep your bong in good shape and enjoy a smooth and flavorful smoke. All you need are some common household items and a few minutes of your time. Follow the steps above and try the tips and tricks to make your bong cleaning experience easier and more fun.
Do you have any questions or comments about how to clean a bong with hot water and salt? Let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you!