If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own glass bong at home. A glass bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, resulting in a smoother and cooler hit. Glass bongs are also more durable and easier to clean than plastic ones. Plus, making your own glass bong can be a fun and creative project that will save you some money and impress your friends.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade glass bong with simple materials that you can find at any hardware store or online. You will need:
- A glass bottle with a long neck and a wide base. You can use any kind of glass bottle, but avoid ones that have a lot of curves or bumps on the surface.
- A 3/4″ diamond drill bit. This is a special drill bit that can cut through glass without cracking it. You can order one online or find one at a hardware store.
- A battery-powered drill. Do not use a corded drill, as you will be using water to cool the glass while drilling.
- A rubber grommet. This is a small rubber ring that will seal the hole you make in the bottle and hold the downstem in place. You will need one with an outside diameter of 31/32″, an inner diameter of 1/2″, and a 3/4″ groove. You can find these at a hardware store or online.
- A glass downstem and bowl. These are the parts that hold the herb or tobacco and connect to the bottle. You will need a 14mm glass downstem and bowl, which you can buy at a local head shop or online. Make sure the downstem is not longer than the distance from the top of the bottle to the opposite side of the base.
Once you have all the materials, follow these steps to make your homemade glass bong:
- Clean the bottle and remove any labels or stickers. Wash it with warm water and soap, and dry it well.
- Mark a spot on the bottle where you want to drill the hole for the downstem. It should be slightly above the waterline, which is about 1/4 of the way up from the base. Use a sharpie to draw a circle around the grommet on the bottle.
- Prepare your drill and drill bit. Attach the diamond drill bit to your battery-powered drill and set it to 3/4 of its maximum speed.
- Run a steady stream of water over the spot where you want to drill. This will keep the glass cool and prevent it from cracking. Hold the bottle under the faucet or use a hose or a spray bottle.
- Start drilling slowly and gently. Press the drill bit against the marked spot and apply light pressure. Do not push too hard or move the drill around, as this can cause the glass to break. Let the drill bit do the work and be patient. It may take several minutes to make a hole through the glass.
- Stop drilling when you reach the other side of the bottle. Turn off the drill and remove it from the hole. Rinse off any glass dust or debris from the bottle and the drill bit.
- Insert the grommet into the hole. Push it in until it fits snugly and securely.
- Insert the downstem into the grommet. Angle it downward so that the end inside the bottle is submerged in water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
Congratulations! You have just made your own homemade glass bong with simple materials. Now you can pack some herb or tobacco into the bowl, light it up, and enjoy your smooth and cool hits.
Remember to clean your glass bong regularly to keep it in good condition and prevent any mold or bacteria from growing inside. To clean it, simply rinse it with hot water and use some rubbing alcohol or vinegar to remove any residue.
We hope you found this blog post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy smoking!