If you are new to smoking bongs, you might be wondering how to hit a bong properly. Bongs are popular devices for smoking herb or tobacco, as they allow you to inhale a large amount of smoke in one go. Bongs also filter the smoke through water, which can make it smoother and cooler. However, hitting a bong can also be tricky, especially if you are not used to it. Here are some tips on how to hit a bong properly and enjoy the experience.
What You Need
To hit a bong, you will need the following items:
- A bong. There are many types and sizes of bongs, but they all have the same basic parts: a bowl, where you put the herb or tobacco; a downstem, which connects the bowl to the water chamber; a water chamber, where the smoke passes through the water; and a mouthpiece, where you inhale the smoke.
- Herb or tobacco. You can use any kind of herb or tobacco that you like, but make sure it is dry and finely ground. You can use your fingers, scissors, or a grinder to break up the herb or tobacco.
- A lighter or a hemp wick. You will need something to light the herb or tobacco in the bowl. You can use a regular lighter, but some people prefer to use a hemp wick, which is a natural and organic way to light your herb or tobacco without inhaling any butane or chemicals from the lighter.
- A screen (optional). Some bongs come with a built-in screen in the bowl, which prevents the herb or tobacco from falling into the water chamber. If your bong does not have a screen, you can buy one separately or make one yourself using a piece of aluminum foil or wire mesh.
How to Hit a Bong
Once you have everything ready, follow these steps to hit a bong:
- Fill the bong with water. Pour some water into the mouthpiece of the bong until it covers about an inch of the downstem. The water should not be too high or too low. Too much water will make it harder to inhale and may splash into your mouth. Too little water will not filter the smoke enough and may make it harsher.
- Pack the bowl. Take some of the herb or tobacco and place it in the bowl. Do not pack it too tightly or too loosely. A tight pack will restrict the airflow and make it harder to inhale. A loose pack will allow the herb or tobacco to burn too quickly and waste your material. A good pack should be firm but not compacted.
- Light the bowl while you inhale. Hold the bong with your non-dominant hand and place your mouth over the mouthpiece. Make sure your lips are inside the opening and create a seal with your mouth. With your dominant hand, hold the lighter or hemp wick near the edge of the bowl and light it. As you do so, inhale slowly and gently through your mouth. You should see the herb or tobacco glow and produce smoke.
- Pull out the downstem and inhale deeply. When you have enough smoke in the water chamber, pull out the downstem from the bong. This will create an opening for the smoke to rush into your lungs. Inhale deeply and quickly through your mouth until you clear all the smoke from the bong.
- Exhale and enjoy. After inhaling all the smoke, exhale through your mouth or nose and enjoy the effects of your herb or tobacco. If you feel like coughing, do not hold it in as this can irritate your throat and lungs