If you enjoy smoking herbs or tobacco, you may want to try making your own bong at home. A bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, making it smoother and cooler. You can make a bong out of almost anything that is hollow and can hold water, such as plastic bottles, glass jars, or fruits and vegetables. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a simple homemade bong using a plastic bottle and some household items.
What You Will Need
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the bong hits will be.
- A pen with the ink removed or a metal tube to use as a downstem.
- A small piece of aluminum foil or a metal bowl to use as a bowl.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a paperclip, to make holes in the bottle.
- Water to fill the bottle.
- Your favorite herb or tobacco to pack the bowl.
- A lighter or matches to light the bowl.
Step 1: Make the Carb
The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you inhale the smoke and release when you want to clear the bong. To make the carb, poke a hole near the neck of the bottle with your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so large that you can’t cover it with your finger.
Step 2: Make the Downstem Hole
The downstem is the tube that connects the bowl to the water chamber. To make the downstem hole, poke another hole slightly above the waterline of the bottle with your sharp tool. Make sure the hole is about the same width as your pen or metal tube. If it’s too small, you may have trouble inserting the downstem. If it’s too large, the downstem may be too loose and let air escape.
Step 3: Make the Downstem
If you are using a pen as a downstem, remove the ink and any other parts from inside it. You should be left with a hollow plastic tube. If you are using a metal tube, make sure it is clean and has no sharp edges.
Step 4: Make the Bowl
If you are using aluminum foil as a bowl, wrap it around one end of your downstem and press it down to form a concave shape. Poke some small holes in the foil with your sharp tool so that smoke can pass through it. If you are using a metal bowl, attach it to your downstem securely.
Step 5: Insert the Downstem
Push the open end of your downstem through the hole you made in step 2. Angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be pointing upward on the outside of the bottle.
Step 6: Pack and Smoke Your Bong
Fill your bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice. Cover the carb with your finger and place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle. Light your bowl and inhale slowly until you see smoke filling up the bottle. When you are ready to take a hit, remove your finger from the carb and inhale sharply to clear the bong. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- You can experiment with different sizes and shapes of bottles to find your preferred bong design.
- You can add ice cubes or cold water to make the smoke even smoother and cooler.
- You can use different fruits and vegetables as bowls or mouthpieces for extra flavor and fun.
- You can decorate your bong with stickers, paint, or markers to personalize it.
- You can clean your bong by rinsing it with hot water and soap or rubbing alcohol and salt.
Making a homemade bong is easy and cheap. All you need is a plastic bottle and some basic supplies that you probably already have at home. Follow these simple steps and you will have a functional bong in no time. Remember to use it responsibly and enjoy!