If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own glass bong at home. A glass bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, resulting in a smoother and cooler hit. Glass bongs are also more durable and easier to clean than plastic ones. Plus, they look cool and can be customized to your liking.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade glass bong with simple materials that you can find around your house or buy online. You will need:
- A glass bottle with a long neck and a wide base
- A 3/4″ diamond drill bit
- A battery-powered drill
- A 14mm glass bowl and downstem
- A rubber grommet
- A propane torch
- A piece of glass tubing
- A working surface
- Safety goggles
Here are the steps to follow:
- Clean the bottle and remove any plastic or labels. Wash it out with warm water and dry it well.
- Mark a spot on the bottle where you want to drill the hole for the downstem. It should be slightly above the waterline, on the upper curve of the body. Use the grommet to trace a circle with a sharpie.
- Attach the diamond drill bit to your drill and put on your safety goggles. Turn on the faucet and hold the bottle under a steady stream of water. The water will keep the glass cool and prevent it from cracking.
- Start drilling slowly at the marked spot, applying gentle pressure. Do not push too hard or you might break the glass. Keep drilling until you have a clean hole that matches the size of the grommet.
- Insert the grommet into the hole and push it until it fits snugly. The grommet will seal the hole and prevent any air leaks.
- Insert the downstem through the grommet and angle it downward so that the end inside the bottle is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Cut the glass tubing to the desired length for your mouthpiece. The length will depend on how big you want your bong to be.
- Heat one end of the glass tubing with the propane torch until it becomes soft and pliable. Then, bend it into a curve that fits comfortably in your mouth. Be careful not to burn yourself or touch the hot glass.
- Heat the other end of the glass tubing and insert it into the neck of the bottle. Twist it slightly to create a tight seal. Let it cool down completely before using it.
Congratulations! You have just made your own homemade glass bong with simple materials. Now you can enjoy smoking your favorite herb or tobacco with a smooth and cool hit. Remember to clean your bong regularly to keep it in good condition.
If you liked this blog post, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. You can also check out these links for more information on how to make a glass bong:
- How to Make a Glass Water Bong – wikiHow
- How To Make A Glass Bong In 8 Simple Steps – Learn Glass Blowing
- How to Make a Bong Out of a Glass Bottle – STUFF STONERS LIKE