A bong is a device that allows you to smoke herbs or tobacco by filtering the smoke through water. Bongs can be made from various materials, such as glass, plastic, metal, or ceramic. However, some people may not have access to these materials or may want to make a bong with household items. One common way to make a homemade bong is to use a plastic bottle and some aluminum foil. However, foil can be harmful to your health if you inhale the fumes from burning it. Therefore, it is better to avoid using foil and find alternative ways to make a bong without it.
In this article, we will show you how to make a bong without foil using some simple and easy methods. You will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle (any size will do, but larger bottles will produce bigger hits)
- A sharp tool (such as a pen, a knife, or a paperclip)
- A downstem (a tube with a bowl attached to it, such as a highlighter or a socket wrench)
- Some herbs or tobacco to smoke
- A lighter or matches
Here are the steps to follow:
- Fill up the plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. This will be the base of your bong and the water will filter the smoke.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you smoke and release when you inhale. Make sure the hole is large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
- Make another hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. This is where you will insert the tube with the bowl that holds your herbs or tobacco. Make the hole about the same width as your downstem.
- If you don’t have a downstem, you can make one using a highlighter or a socket wrench. To use a highlighter, empty its contents and remove the tip and the cap. Then, wrap some aluminum foil around the wide end of the tube and press it down to form a bowl. Poke some small holes in the foil for the smoke to pass through. To use a socket wrench, simply find one that fits your herbs or tobacco and attach it to one end of a straw or a pen.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the hole you made for it. Angle it downward so that it is submerged in the water. The bowl should be facing upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack your herbs or tobacco in the bowl and light it up. Cover the carb with your finger and inhale from the mouth of the bottle. When you’re ready to take a hit, release your finger from the carb and inhale the smoke from the bottle.
Congratulations! You have just made a bong without foil using some simple household items. Enjoy your smoking session and remember to be responsible and safe.