If you love smoking herb or tobacco, but you don’t have a pipe or a bong handy, don’t worry. You can make your own bong at home using some cheap and basic supplies. A homemade bong is not only easy to make, but also fun and creative. You can use different materials and designs to customize your bong and make it unique. In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade bong in 12 simple steps.
What You Will Need
To make a homemade bong, you will need the following items:
- A plastic bottle of any size. The larger the bottle, the bigger the bong hits will be.
- A pen with the ink removed. You will use this as a downstem to connect the bowl to the bottle.
- A small piece of aluminum foil. You will use this to make the bowl where you will pack your herb or tobacco.
- A sharp tool, such as a knife, scissors, or a straightened out paperclip. You will use this to make holes in the bottle and the foil.
- Water. You will fill the bottle with water to filter the smoke.
Step by Step Instructions
Follow these steps to make your homemade bong:
- Fill up the plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. The water will act as a filter and cool down the smoke when you inhale it.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole that you will cover with your finger when you smoke and release when you want to clear the bong. Make the hole large enough for air to flow through it, but not so big that you can’t cover it with your finger.
- Make another hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. This is where you will insert the pen tube that will connect the bowl to the bottle. Make the hole about the same width as the pen tube. If it’s too small, you may have trouble pushing the pen through. If it’s too big, the pen may be too loose and let air escape.
- Use a highlighter and foil to make a downstem and a bowl. To make the downstem, empty the contents of a highlighter so you are left with just the hollow plastic tube. You may need to use scissors or pliers to pull the highlighter apart. To make the bowl, tear off a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap it around the wide end of the plastic tube. Press the center of the foil down into the tube to create a concave shape where you will pack your herb or tobacco. Poke tiny holes in the foil so that smoke can get through.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole you made in step 3. Angle the downstem downward so that the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in water. When you are done inserting the downstem, the bowl should be angled upward on the outside of the bottle.
- Pack your bowl with your herb or tobacco of choice. Don’t pack it too tight or too loose, as this may affect how well it burns and how much smoke you get.
- Light up your bowl and enjoy your homemade bong. To use your bong, place your mouth over the mouthpiece of the bottle and cover the carb hole with your finger. Light up your bowl and inhale slowly as you see smoke fill up in
the bottle. When you are ready to take a hit, remove your finger from
the carb hole and inhale sharply to clear
the smoke from
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your homemade bong experience better:
- You can use different kinds of bottles for different effects. For example, you can use a two-liter soda bottle for huge hits, or a small water bottle for more discreet hits.
- You can also use different kinds of fruits or vegetables as bowls instead of foil. For example, you can use an apple, a carrot, or a bell pepper as a bowl by carving out a hole in them and attaching them to
the pen tube.
- You can add ice cubes or flavored water to
the bottle to make
the smoke smoother and tastier.
- You can decorate your homemade bong with stickers, paint, or markers to make it more personalized and fun.
- You can clean your homemade bong by emptying the water and rinsing the bottle and the downstem with hot water and soap. You can also use rubbing alcohol and salt to remove any residue from
Making a homemade bong is a great way to enjoy your herb or tobacco without spending a lot of money or time. You can use common household items to make a functional and creative bong that will get you high in no time. Just follow the steps above and you will have a homemade bong ready to use in minutes. Have fun and be safe!</p