If you are looking for a smooth, clean, and potentially healthier way to enjoy your favorite herb or tobacco, you might want to try using a bong. A bong is a water pipe that cools and filters the smoke, making it easier on your lungs and throat. In this blog post, we will show you how to prepare, smoke, and clean a bong.
What You Need
To smoke out of a bong, you will need the following items:
- A bong. Make sure it has a downstem and a bowl that fit together.
- Your herb or tobacco of choice. You can use any strain or blend you like.
- A grinder. This will help you break up your herb or tobacco into fine pieces that burn evenly.
- A lighter or hemp wick. You will use this to ignite your herb or tobacco in the bowl.
- Water. You will pour this into the bong to create the water chamber.
How to Prepare the Bong
Before you can smoke out of a bong, you need to set it up properly. Here are the steps to follow:
- Fill the bong with water. Pour the water through the mouthpiece, which is the large opening at the top of the bong. You want to fill the bong until the water covers the bottom of the downstem, which is the long tube that sticks into the bong. The downstem should be submerged by about an inch (2.54 cm) of water. Don’t fill the bong too much or you might get splashed when you smoke.
- Grind your herb or tobacco. Use your grinder to chop up your herb or tobacco into fine pieces that will burn well. If you don’t have a grinder, you can use your fingers, scissors, or a knife to do this. Set aside some larger pieces (about 0.5 cm or 0.2 inches) to pack at the bottom of the bowl. These will prevent the smaller pieces from falling through the hole in the bowl.
- Pack the bowl. The bowl is the funnel-shaped piece that attaches to the outside of the downstem. Take the larger pieces of herb or tobacco and place them at the bottom of the bowl. Then, fill the rest of the bowl with the finely ground herb or tobacco. Don’t pack it too tightly or you will restrict the airflow. You can pack it halfway if you are smoking alone, or all the way if you are sharing with friends.
How to Smoke the Bong
Now that your bong is ready, you can enjoy smoking it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Hold the bong with your non-dominant hand. Wrap your hand around the smoke chamber, which is the long section that connects the mouthpiece and the water chamber. Or, hold the bong from the bottom if it has a base.
- Put your mouth over the mouthpiece. Make sure your lips are inside the mouthpiece and form a tight seal.
- Cover the carb hole with your thumb. The carb hole is a small hole on the side of the bong that allows you to control the airflow. If your bong doesn’t have a carb hole, you can skip this step.
- Light your herb or tobacco in the bowl. Use your lighter or hemp wick to ignite a small corner of the herb or tobacco in the bowl. Don’t burn all of it at once or you will waste it.
- Inhale slowly and steadily through your mouth. As you inhale, you will see bubbles forming in the water chamber and smoke filling up in
the smoke chamber.</li