If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco from a glass bong, you know how harsh the smoke can be on your throat and lungs. That’s why many smokers look for ways to cool down the smoke and make it smoother and more pleasant. One way to do that is to use ice or glycerin tubes, which are cylindrical glass attachments that have a spiral coil inside. They can be attached to the top of your glass bong, replacing the neck and mouthpiece.
Ice and glycerin tubes work by cooling down the smoke as it passes through the coil, reducing its temperature and making it less irritating. They also filter out some of the tar and ash that can clog up your bong and affect the taste. However, ice and glycerin tubes have different advantages and disadvantages, so you should choose the one that suits your preferences and needs. Here are some tips on how to use them effectively.
Ice tubes are the simplest and most common way to cool down your bong smoke. They have a coil that is hollow and has holes on both ends, allowing you to fill it with ice cubes or crushed ice. The ice melts slowly as you smoke, cooling down the smoke and adding some moisture to it.
To use an ice tube, you need to detach it from your bong and fill it with ice. Then, attach it back to your bong and pack your bowl with your favorite herb or tobacco. Light up your bowl and inhale through the ice tube, enjoying the icy smooth hits.
Some of the benefits of using an ice tube are:
- They are easy to use and refill.
- They are relatively cheap and widely available.
- They add some humidity to the smoke, which can be soothing for dry or irritated throats.
Some of the drawbacks of using an ice tube are:
- They can dilute the flavor and potency of your smoke, as some of the cannabinoids and terpenes are dissolved in the water.
- They can make your bong heavier and more prone to tipping over.
- They can leak water into your bong or onto your floor if you don’t empty them after use.
Glycerin tubes are a more advanced and innovative way to cool down your bong smoke. They have a coil that is filled with glycerin, a non-toxic liquid that can freeze quickly and stay cold for a long time. Glycerin tubes can be stored in freezers to keep them nice and frosty in between uses. However, please do not make the mistake of storing your whole bong in there.
To use a glycerin tube, you need to detach it from your bong and put it in the freezer for at least an hour. Then, attach it back to your bong and pack your bowl with your favorite herb or tobacco. Light up your bowl and inhale through the glycerin tube, enjoying the icy smooth hits.
Some of the benefits of using a glycerin tube are:
- They cool down the smoke without adding any moisture or impurities, preserving the flavor and potency of your smoke.
- They stay cold for longer than ice tubes, allowing you to enjoy multiple sessions without refilling.
- They are easy to clean and maintain, as they don’t leak or melt.
Some of the drawbacks of using a glycerin tube are:
- They are more expensive and harder to find than ice tubes.
- They require more preparation time and freezer space.
- They can be too cold for some smokers, causing discomfort or numbness in the mouth or throat.
Ice and glycerin tubes are both great ways to cool down the smoke from your glass bong without diluting it. They can make your smoking experience more enjoyable and less harsh on your throat and lungs. However, they have different pros and cons that you should consider before choosing one. Ultimately, it depends on your personal preference, budget, and availability. Try them both out and see which one works best for you!