A gravity bong is a type of homemade bong that uses water and pressure to draw smoke into the lungs. It consists of a two-piece chamber system that nestles together—one larger chamber to hold the water and a second smaller chamber to hold the bowl and capture the smoke. As the herb is lit, gravity pulls herb smoke into the bottle using water in a container to create suction. A gravity bong is also known by various names such as GB, geeb, bucket bong, or waterfall bong.
Gravity bongs are popular among cannabis enthusiasts who are looking for a way to get super high with minimal effort and materials. They are also a fun and easy DIY project that can be made with household items. However, they are not for the faint of heart, as they deliver a powerful hit of THC that may be too much for beginners or low-tolerance users. In this blog post, we will explain how gravity bongs work, what are their benefits and drawbacks, and how to make your own gravity bong using simple steps.
How Does a Gravity Bong Work?
A gravity bong works by using the principle of gravity and water pressure to create a vacuum that sucks the smoke out of the bowl and into the chamber. There are two types of gravity bongs: bucket bongs and waterfall bongs. Both use the same basic mechanism, but differ in their design and construction.
A bucket bong is made by cutting off the bottom of a small plastic bottle (such as a soda or juice bottle) and attaching a bowl to the cap. The bowl can be made from metal or glass, or improvised from aluminum foil or a socket wrench. The bottle is then submerged in a larger container filled with water, such as a bucket or a sink. To use a bucket bong, follow these steps:
- Fill the larger container with water.
- Fill the bowl with your herb of choice and screw it onto the cap.
- Submerge the bottle in the water, leaving the cap above the surface.
- Light the herb and slowly lift the bottle out of the water, but not completely. This will create a vacuum that will pull the smoke into the bottle.
- Once the bottle is filled with smoke, unscrew the cap and put your mouth over the opening.
- Push the bottle down into the water while inhaling. This will force the smoke into your lungs.
A waterfall bong is similar to a bucket bong, but instead of using two containers, it uses one. A waterfall bong is made by poking a small hole at the bottom of a plastic bottle and attaching a bowl to the cap