A bong is a popular device for smoking herbs or tobacco, but it can get dirty and smelly over time. The resin from the smoke can build up on the glass and create a sticky residue that affects the taste and quality of your smoking experience. Moreover, the water in the bong can harbor bacteria, mold, and other harmful microorganisms that can cause health problems if you inhale them. Therefore, it is important to clean your bong regularly and properly to keep it in good shape and enjoy its benefits.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to clean a bong is to use alcohol and salt. Alcohol is a powerful solvent that can dissolve the resin and kill the germs, while salt acts as an abrasive that can scrub away the stubborn stains. Here are the steps to follow to clean your bong with alcohol:
- Remove the bowl, stem, and any other detachable parts from the bong. Rinse them with water to get rid of any loose debris.
- Place the bowl, stem, and other parts in a resealable plastic bag. Add some coarse salt, such as sea salt, Epsom salt, or rock salt, to the bag. Pour enough 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to cover the parts completely. Seal the bag and shake it vigorously for a few minutes. You can also let it soak for a while if the parts are very dirty.
- Pour some coarse salt into the bong and add enough alcohol to fill it halfway. Cover the openings of the bong with rubber stoppers or bong plugs. Shake the bong for a few minutes, making sure that the alcohol and salt mixture reaches every part of the glass.
- Rinse the bowl, stem, and other parts with hot water and soap. Use a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab to remove any remaining residue. Rinse them again with water and let them dry.
- Rinse the bong with hot water and soap. Use a bottle brush or a sponge to clean the inside of the glass. Rinse it again with water and let it dry.
Congratulations! You have successfully cleaned your bong with alcohol. You can now enjoy a fresh and smooth smoking session with your friends or by yourself.
Remember to change the water in your bong after every use and to clean it at least once a week to prevent mold and bacteria growth. You can also use vinegar and rice as an alternative to alcohol and salt, but they are not as effective or fast. You can also buy bong-specific cleaning solutions from online or local stores, but they are more expensive and may contain harsh chemicals.
For more information on how to clean a bong with alcohol, you can check out these sources: