A bong is a device that allows you to smoke your favorite herb or tobacco in a smooth and filtered way. However, buying a new bong can be expensive and sometimes you may not have access to one. Fortunately, you can make your own bong at home using some cheap, basic supplies! In this blog post, we will show you how to make a bong without foil, which can be harmful to your health if you inhale the metal particles.
There are two main types of bongs that you can make at home: a plastic bottle bong and a gravity bong. Both of them use water to cool and filter the smoke, but they have different mechanisms. Let’s see how to make each one of them.
How to Make a Plastic Bottle Bong
A plastic bottle bong is the simplest and most common type of homemade bong. It uses a plastic bottle as the main body and a metal or glass pipe as the downstem and bowl. Here are the steps to make one:
- Fill up a plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. Any kind of plastic bottle will work, but keep in mind that the larger the bottle is, the bigger the bong hits will be. Don’t worry if you don’t have the cap to the bottle—you won’t need it! The water you’re putting in the bottle is what the smoke will filter through when you’re smoking the bong.
- Poke a hole just below the neck of the water bottle to make the carb. The carb is the hole you’ll cover with your finger at first and then let go of so you can inhale the smoke in the bottle. Make the hole large enough for air to easily flow through it, but not so big that you won’t be able to cover it with your finger. You can use any sharp tool to make the hole, like a pen, a knife, or a straightened out paperclip. Be careful that you don’t cut yourself or make the hole too big.
- Make a second hole slightly above the waterline for the downstem. You’ll put the downstem—the tube with the bowl attached to it—through this hole at an angle so the end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. Make this hole with the same tool you used to make the first one. Make the hole about the same width as a pen. If it’s any smaller, you may have a hard time pushing the downstem through, and if it’s any larger, the downstem may be too loose.
- Use a metal or glass pipe as the downstem and bowl for the bong. To make the downstem, you can use any metal or glass pipe that fits through the hole you made. You can also use a socket for a socket wrench, a thimble, or another circular piece of metal that you can use to hold your smoking substance. Make sure that whatever you use is clean and safe to smoke from.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole you made. Angle the downstem downward so the open end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. When you’re finished inserting the downstem, the bowl should be angled upward on the outside of the bottle. If you’re having trouble fitting the downstem through the hole, make the hole a little bigger and try again. Be careful not to make the hole too big or the downstem will be too loose.
Pack the bowl and try out your new bong. To use your plastic bottle bong, start by covering the carb—the hole you made at the top of the bottle—with your finger. Then, light up your herb or tobacco in
the bowl and inhale through the mouth of
the bottle. As you inhale, you’ll see
the smoke fill up
How to Make a Gravity Bong
A gravity bong is another type of homemade bong that uses water and air pressure to create suction and pull smoke into a chamber. It uses two containers: one larger than
The smaller container has
a bowl on top,
the larger container is filled with water.
to make one:
the bottom of
a small plastic bottle.
You can use any kind of plastic bottle,
a 16 oz or 20 oz bottle works well.
Use scissors or a knife to cut off the bottom part of the bottle,
the neck and the cap intact.
- Make a bowl on top of the bottle cap. You can use the same materials as you did for the plastic bottle bong, such as a metal or glass pipe, a socket, or a thimble. Just make sure that whatever you use fits snugly on the bottle cap and has a hole for the smoke to go through. You can also use a rubber grommet or some tape to seal any gaps between the bowl and the cap.
- Fill up a larger container halfway with water. Set the container down and fill it up with tap water. Limit the amount of water so that the container is only half-full. This amount will give you enough gravity to make the bong work without making a mess. You can use any kind of larger container, such as a bucket, a pitcher, or a pot.
- Screw the cap with the bowl onto the small bottle and submerge it in the water. Make sure that the cap is on tightly and that the bowl is facing upward. Then, slowly lower the bottle into the water until only the top of the cap is above the waterline. Be careful not to submerge the entire bottle or you’ll lose your smoking substance.
Light up your herb or tobacco in the bowl and lift up the bottle. As you lift up the bottle, you’ll create suction that will draw air through the bowl and fill up
the bottle with smoke. Don’t lift
the bottle too high or it will come out of
the water and release
Lift it just enough to fill it with as much smoke as you want.
the cap and inhale
the smoke from
When you’re ready
the cap from
the bottle and put your mouth over
the bottle into
the water as you inhale
the smoke from
The water will force
the smoke into your lungs,
giving you a powerful hit.
Be careful not to inhale too much or you may cough a lot.
As you can see, making a bong without foil is easy and cheap. You just need some basic supplies and some creativity. However, remember that smoking from plastic bottles or metal pipes can be harmful to your health in the long run, so use them sparingly and at your own risk. If you want to enjoy your herb or tobacco in a safer and smoother way, consider buying a glass bong or a vaporizer from our online store. We have a wide range of products for all your smoking needs. Check them out today!