If you enjoy smoking herb or tobacco, you might want to try making your own glass bong at home. A glass bong is a device that filters the smoke through water, resulting in a smoother and cooler hit. Glass bongs are also more durable and easier to clean than plastic ones. Plus, they look cool and can be customized to your liking.
In this blog post, we will show you how to make a homemade glass bong with simple materials that you can find around your house or buy online. You will need:
- A glass bottle (preferably with a long neck and a wide base)
- A piece of glass tubing (about the same length as the bottle)
- A propane torch (or a lighter)
- A working surface (such as a wooden board or a metal tray)
- A grommet or a cork (that fits snugly into the hole of the bottle)
- A stem or a tube (that fits into the grommet or the cork)
- A bowl (that attaches to the end of the stem or the tube)
Here are the steps to follow:
- Clean the bottle. Empty the bottle and wash it out with warm water. Remove any labels or stickers that might be on the bottle.
- Drill a hole in the bottle. Find a spot on the bottle where the surface is relatively flat, somewhere on the upper curve of the body. Place the grommet or the cork there and use it to trace a circle with a sharpie. This will be where you insert the stem or the tube. Then, use a 3/4″ diamond drill bit to drill through the glass. To prevent the glass from breaking, run water over the drilling area and start drilling slowly. Be careful not to cut yourself or make the hole too big.
- Cut the glass tubing. Use a propane torch or a lighter to heat one end of the glass tubing until it glows red. Then, use pliers to snap off the heated end. You should have a smooth and even cut. Repeat this process until you have a piece of glass tubing that is about the same length as the bottle.
- Insert the grommet or cork into the hole. Push the grommet or cork into the hole that you drilled in the bottle. Make sure it is tight and secure.
- Insert the stem or tube into the grommet or cork. Push one end of the stem or tube into the grommet or cork until it reaches inside the bottle. The other end should stick out of the bottle.
- Add the bowl to the end of the stem or tube. Attach your bowl to the end of the stem or tube that is sticking out of the bottle. You can use any kind of bowl that fits, such as a metal nut, a socket wrench, or a glass bowl.
- Fill the bottle with water. Pour water into the bottle until it covers about an inch of the stem or tube that is inside the bottle. This will create an air-tight seal and allow for water filtration.
- Test your bong. To use your homemade glass bong, pack some herb or tobacco into your bowl and light it up. Cover the hole at the top of the bottle (the carb) with your finger and inhale from the mouthpiece (the neck of the bottle). When you’re ready to clear your hit, release your finger from the carb and inhale all of the smoke in the bottle.
Congratulations, you have just made your own homemade glass bong! Enjoy your smooth and cool hits and impress your friends with your DIY skills. Remember to clean your bong regularly to keep it in good condition and prevent any mold or bacteria from growing. To clean your bong, simply rinse it with hot water and use some rubbing alcohol and salt to scrub away any residue.
We hope you found this blog post helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy smoking!