A bong is a popular device for smoking herbs or tobacco, but it can also get dirty and smelly over time. Resin, tar, and bacteria can build up inside the bong, affecting the taste and quality of your smoke. That’s why it’s important to clean your bong regularly and keep it fresh and sparkling. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to clean a bong using some simple household items and a few easy steps.
What You’ll Need
To clean your bong, you’ll need the following materials:
- A sink or basin
- Warm water
- Coarse salt, rice, or baking soda
- Rubbing alcohol, vinegar, or another cleaner
- A small brush or a pipe cleaner
- Latex gloves
- Rubber stoppers or bong plugs
- A towel
How to Clean a Bong
Follow these steps to clean your bong:
- Disassemble your bong. Take it apart so that you can clean each piece separately. Remove the bowl, the downstem, and any other removable parts. Check for any damage or cracks and replace any broken pieces.
- Empty the bong and rinse it with warm water. Pour out the old bong water and any leftover herb or tobacco. Give it a good rinse with warm water to remove any solid particles. Fill the bong partway with warm water and set it aside.
- Add coarse salt and rubbing alcohol to your bong. Pour some coarse salt, rice, or baking soda into the base of the bong. These will act as abrasives to help scrub away the resin. Then add some rubbing alcohol, vinegar, or another cleaner to dissolve the resin. The stronger the alcohol, the better. Ideally, you would use one over 90%.
- Plug the holes and shake it up. Use rubber stoppers, bong plugs, or your fingers to plug the openings of the bong. Shake it vigorously for about five minutes to let the salt and alcohol mixture work its magic.
- Rinse and repeat. Empty the cleaning solution into the sink and rinse the bong thoroughly with clean water. Repeat the cleaning process as many times as you need to until the bong is spotless.
- Clean the bowl and downstem. Put the bowl and downstem in a zipper storage bag with some salt and alcohol. Seal the bag and shake it for a few minutes. Then use a small brush or a pipe cleaner to scrub away any stubborn resin. Rinse them well with water and dry them with a towel.
- Dry and reassemble your bong. Wipe down the inside and outside of your bong with a towel. Let it air dry completely before putting it back together. Enjoy your clean and fresh-smelling bong!
Tips for Keeping Your Bong Clean
Here are some tips for keeping your bong clean and preventing resin buildup:
- Change the water in your bong after every smoke session. This will prevent bacteria, mold, and biofilm from growing in your bong water.
- Use filtered water instead of tap water. This will reduce the amount of minerals and contaminants that can stain your bong.
- Store your bong in a cool and dry place. This will prevent moisture from condensing inside your bong and attracting dirt.
- Clean your bong at least once a week. This will make the cleaning process easier and faster.
Cleaning your bong is not only good for hygiene but also for enhancing your smoking experience. By following these simple steps, you can keep your bong in tip-top shape and enjoy smooth and flavorful hits every time.